#40 Luke Lavender - NewLAV!

Draper had a solid frame ready to go at 18yo. Freak.

2 Likes

Great stuff, S_K. We all hope he does very well.

The connections he could make via the Essendon coteries could set him up for life if he is smart enough to take advantage of that.

Best of luck!

1 Like

When does he get sat down and told not to be on this website and for his family members not to be on this website

6 Likes

Hahaha! As Iā€™ve mentioned before I think, Luke has no idea Blitz exists. If itā€™s not on Facebook, instagram or Snapchat, he wonā€™t see it!

As for me, I have to take the good with the bad. Iā€™ll be relying on commentary/feedback from Blitz when I canā€™t get to Melbourne. I fully expect that his position will be questioned more often than not, and that occasionally things may go over the top.

As an aside, the club is already aware I post hereā€¦

8 Likes

He ceased an electrical apprenticeship mid way through that he absolutely loved to take up this opportunity. We hope he meets the odd Essendon-supporting manager of an electrical business :joy:

1 Like

Bomber Thompson used to be a sparky. Handed over control of his business to his brother (I think)? Food for thought, but hopefully footy will set Luke up for life.

2 Likes

Young Humble son is an apprentice sparky up here. Itā€™s a great trade. Big LAV may be able to take it up again once he gets settled in, maybe after his first year. I reckon he will be pretty tired for his first year until his body adjusts to the training.

Really hope he goes well!

2 Likes

The Essendonians are a great coterie that has many owners of small business. When the time comes, and I reckon your Son will get an invite to attend their functions, it would be a good place to let his career plans be known.

1 Like

Some stuff posted here is really great, well thought out and reasoned. Good insights can be had. Is the reason I enjoy reading Blitz.

Some other stuff posted here can be deemed by yourself to have never been posted.

Take this approach and youā€™ll be fine.

2 Likes

Thank you. Excitement is palpable in our house, his one-way flight details arrived yesterday and his car is transported to Melbourne on Monday. His meeting with Sealy to design his mattress was yesterday! They leave no stone unturned.

The player welfare team speak to me, his mother, Luke himself and even his biological father in Brisbane on a weekly basis to make sure we are comfortable.

So in short, I love sharing this stuff with like-minded Bombers people as I need to release my excitement somewhere!

53 Likes

Got to admit S_K, that I am more than a bit jealous.

Hope you get to continue to share your families journey with us, I really feel humble to part of it.

8 Likes

Thanks Bacchusfox! Iā€™ll continue to share as much as I can!

Well, Iā€™ll share until he plays a ā– ā– ā– ā–  game, then heā€™s dead to me! :joy:

23 Likes

Mattress made out of spongey floor ā„¢ material?

7 Likes

Really appreciate your contribution @S_K

Thanks for providing some insight that we havenā€™t had before.

4 Likes

Yep, Iā€™m not sure sticking around is good for your mental health S_K, but love the little tidbits like the Sealy mention. Hope your boy does well for the club, you, us, but most importantly him.

10 Likes

I love your sense of humour.

5 Likes

Sealy took us by surprise, but not as surprising as his car being transported over. Luke and I have done a number of boys road trips together that have always been fun. We were so looking forward to a last trip from Adelaide to Melbourne in coming weeks. Essendon ruined this by flying him over to avoid him sitting for long periods of time :joy:. Iā€™m stuck here in Adelaide now!!!

My mental health is fine (for now). A cat B rookie with no experience has absolutely zero expectation. Iā€™ll enjoy the ride in the early stages. If heā€™s not playing AFL by round 3, well then, Iā€™ll lose my ā– ā– ā– ā–  and post back my membership tickets!

25 Likes

Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be leading the calls for him to be delisted when he hasnā€™t won the ANZAC Day medal, Norm Smith Medal, Crichton Medal, Premiership Medallion and Brownlow Medal by the end of his first pre-season game.

2 Likes

Yep, give him #5 now :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Wish he was unco. Still get flashbacks to mason cox