#40 Luke Lavender - NewLAV!

Reality might be when he plays a VFL or AFL game and gets the stuffing knocked out of him. I still remember the last time I watched my kid play AFL and he was carried off white as a ghost after getting barreled in the chest. It aint fun as a parent. The good news is your kid is big and quick so he won’t get hurt too much, although the ruck clashes will cause a bit of bruising and long term wear and tear.

Next you’ll be telling us you had dyson over for dinner and pigeon came to stay during the offseason. You can name drop as much as you like as long as we get the goss.

3 Likes

Kinda related to this, but I think him playing at grounds like Windy Hill and Victoria Park will be major moments for me. To him, they will just be ovals, but to me, they are so much more!

We just need to get over there and watch him train ASAP!

2 Likes

So happy for you (and Luke!)
Love reading all you have to share.
Thanks

4 Likes

Playing Frankston Rd 1 in Frankston will be an opener for him on their return.

1 Like

Maybe a shyzen game in a poor loss followed by getting bagged on here by the usual suspects, will do it.
But, it’s still all just part of the ride that we’re all on together; some more than others!!
Bring it on!!

1 Like

Expecting lots of shyzen games early on, which is probably par for the course for someone who has never played footy against adults, nor any form of footy for 3.5 years.

Just looking for small indications of improvement and development as the season progresses. It will be an emotional 2018, with plenty of questioning as to whether he’ll make it or not! Very excited for the ride though.

5 Likes

This is it so far…

51 Likes

You must be proud mate.

Must be a surreal feeling for this all to happen so fast.

3 Likes

Yep.

Hell I’m proud and I don’t even know the family…but it does feel like he’s a little bit ‘ours’.

11 Likes

as always @S_K I am so very grateful that you share this sort of stuff with us.

Thankyou.

7 Likes

Have a look at the size of him!

Yes, I have whacked on a few kilos in recent months, celebrating our family’s great news!

(You weren’t talking about me though, were you?)

15 Likes

The posties bike must have been a penny farthing

2 Likes

Hahahaha!

1 Like

LOL, it’s an extremely personal insult that actually isn’t!

2 Likes

Bit cheeky but I’m aware of the situation, my own is similar, hence didn’t think it’d be too much of an issue!

1 Like

I like your new lav better than your old lav
i like your new lav better than your old lav
i like your new lav better than your old lav

1 Like

Could that stocky lil bloke on the left be the answer to our need for a big bodied mid to crack in with no fear at every contest?

3 Likes

If by ‘every contest’ you mean a large pizza and a six pack, then yes, I’m your man!

11 Likes

Mate, this is so awesome to see. Keep giving us all the great insight!