#40 Luke Lavender - NewLAV!

Had a glorious nil-all stats result at Willy. Hurt a couple ribs, sat out the second half on a very cold bench. Likely back in two more weeks (miss one game then the bye). Says the biggest difference in footy versus cricket footy training is all the extra running.

5 Likes

Yep! Hope he was nice to you @theDJR

3 Likes

He was great last night s_k. A very impressive young lad. You should be very proud.

8 Likes

How is he travelling with the injuries? Still upbeat and eager ? Must be tough to be away from home, have an injury or two, and not getting in to the game.

He’s good; he leaves the reading of Blitz to dad.

2 Likes

He certainly is upbeat and eager. While a little disappointed with the injury and not getting into the game on Saturday, he is well aware it is a marathon, not a sprint. The coaches and staff reinforce this with him regularly.

He is absolutely loving the environment and each day’s work. He’s made some very good friends, and always seems to have something on.

I’d be very surprised if homesickness is ever a thing for him. We never actually treated him that nicely at home :joy:

30 Likes

You are quite a comedian !!

2 Likes

hey @S_K, I was just wondering who the other clubs were that showed interest in him before he became a bomber?
Also, who came runner up to securing him, and how keen were they?

Agreed.

I got a crick in my neck though. :wink:

2 Likes

Gold Coast and Footscray were the two other teams. I think. That might have been Draper’s answer to a similar question, actually!

Argh.

1 Like

Hahaha, this is news to me! You mean I could have shipped him off to GC!!

2 Likes

See added caveat above…

1 Like

That was draper

1 Like

WHO

I take it his ribs didn’t come up?

1 Like

I hope his ribs stayed exactly where they’re meant to.

6 Likes

Hey SK, can you get Luke to pass a message onto John for me. Tell him Blitz are behind him and that we trust in his game plan and selections. It would however be nice if he could make our team great a little faster. Oh also tell him Clone_Hirdy who represents the Italian contingent of Blitz is not overly happy about the lack of Italians in the team this week. Pass on my regards.

2 Likes

Nice to see him the middle of the team song.

4 Likes

Even nicer to see him with running around today, getting into it all. Did some really nice stuff and stood up for his team mates a few times.

10 Likes

should bring him in for that alone

4 Likes