#40 Luke Lavender - NewLAV!

Vid looks the goods.

Always worry about the kicking when not played much footy. All seems fine. Moves well. Can mark.

Nice work EFC

1 Like

Well one mate, must be very proud.

1 Like

MORE ROOKIED GIANTS

Nickname has to be ā€œMarkā€ doesnā€™t it? Ex-cricketer also works the roacle. Welcome Mark!!

@Aceman an SA boy, do you have any intel on him?

1 Like

Hadnā€™t played footy for at least 3 years.

His dad rates him a 4/10.

Nice timing, given 18 clubs donā€™t appear to be interested in Trade Period. Gives us something to grab onto!

Would be weird/cool to have a tag team of ā€œconvertsā€ as our rucks in a few years time.

1 Like

Both from Adelaide too

@S_K Are you familiar with the Francis family, and does Luke know Aaron well? Thinking two West Adelaide boys may help each other with homesickness!

Great to see your boy on our list mate, welcome!

6 Likes

Awesome, congrats!!! Weirdly enough I have for a couple of years day dreamed of the day my son gets drafted to Essendon and what I would post on here. The weirdest part being my son is only 11 months old.

Imagine jumping on after he has a blinder on his debut!!

3 Likes

Lavenders dad know McPheeā€™s dad?

3 Likes

Congrats s_k ! Id almost forgotten about your comments, must have been months ago now.

Good luck to the young lad

Lav Snr - please enjoy this, but get off these boards before the great unwashed Blitz masses pile into Junior after his first practice match.

33 Likes

Would love him to develop into a KPD for usā€¦you need one that size these days.

Congrats to you and your boy. Hope he enjoys it.

Well then, you have oodles of time to work out what you will say. :grin:

3 Likes

Is his nickname Cool J?

Also does this count as a big fish? 202cm!

Welcome!

2 Likes

What do you want to know?

He is an athlete, and looks good at most sports he turns his hand to. Iā€™d hope his development will be rapid. They are very keen to develop him as a ruck/key forward.

Tested and met with at least 7 clubs, and there was a bit of interest from 4 of those. Even with my bias, Essendon far and away treated both Luke and us the best. They could not do enough for us!

Itā€™s been a long process (pretty much 12 months) and involved him having a shoulder reconstruction about 2 months ago to tidy up some cricket-based issues. Heā€™s raring to go, and will make the move across to Melbourne in coming weeks.

He knows of Aaron Francis, but nothing more than that I donā€™t think.

For those who like numbers: at Essendonā€™s mini combine last year he did a 2.95 sec 20 metre sprint, has a 79cm standing vertical leap, 87 cm running vertical left, 74 cm running vertical right.

He is perhaps actually closer to 203-4 cm tall now, as has grown since being measured at 202 cm by Essendon last year.

95 Likes

Welcome to the family!

1 Like

I imagine the purple bombers will get on his bandwagon ASAP

7 Likes

Bomber Blitzā€™s own!

5 Likes