40-man AA squad

Why are there 40?

It gets cut down to 22. These guys are everyone that is eligible.

At a glance good effort Pazza. Not sure Parkers played as a half back but he deserves to be in - should be in red and black.

At a glance good effort Pazza. Not sure Parkers played as a half back but he deserves to be in - should be in red and black.

The midfield this year is perhaps even stronger than usual with more genuine midfielders in it like Parker, Lewis, Rockliff and so on.

Im fine with the non hibberd selection. He spent a lot of the second half of the year injured and never really got going again. Brodie smith and malceski are locks for the flanks

Who is Nick Smith?

Almost the equal of Bags

Who is Nick Smith?

The guy keeping bags out.
It's not a bad squad, I reckon both our boys will make it.
Ryder should be in the squad, but he wouldn't have made the team.

Why are there 40?

To drag the whole process out for longer and generate media interest.

No Ryder / bad joke.

It's a reasonable squad of 40. Would've loved to see Ryder and Bags in their, but I think they've done a decent job this year. Far better than previous years and I fully expect Hooker and Heppell to be there in the end too.
The only real issue I have is that there is no NicNat.

Mic nat Was injured for half the season!?

HI, MY NAME IS TATTOO AND I'M AN AL......■■■■ WRONG THREAD!! :wacko:

Lonergan? He had that good a year?

Not surprised at all that Bags and Ryder missed. You’d certainly pick Ryder and probably Bags in a side to play, but that’s never been what AA is about.

I don’t know how you get to Burgoyne - he is a gun but he basically has no set position, and there’s dozens of guys who’ve had better years

All the Crows guys seem fair enough to me.

CLUNK

Nick Smith and Eric Mckenzie over Hibberd? ohhhhh pleeeeeeaaassssaaa

Ryder should’ve been in squad.

Bags ahead of Smith.

Hibberd has had an injury interrupted season so that was a good decision. Deserved it more last year IMHO.

I'm happy with that. Would have liked Ryder but he was up and down, however he was never up there in the "total hitouts" stat which is where they love to pick rucks from. Next year. 

Hooker and Heppel should make the final cut which is awesome, for both. The hard working under-rated defender and the wonderkid that has finally come to the party.

No Melksham? These guys are hopeless.

Eddie Betts! Really? Burgoyne!
Break, give me one.
Well done to Hooks, and Hepps.
Bags unlucky?

Bags ? Are you kidding lol
He's steady but not an AA .. Please
And you don't watch a lot of hawthorn , don't blame you , but Burgoyne does everything and makes that team work where ever he's playing.
Ryder I highly agree with. Not even top 40. Joke.

Back pockets are out of fashion nowadays anyway.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-02/all-australian-squad-named

Stunned Ryder didn't at least make the 40 as well as Hanley.

Irish kind allowed in AA team?

Pig’s year wasn’t that strong IMHO. I wouldn’t have had him in the 40 - some very very very good half backs around this year (as always)