#41 Ben McNiece - has been future endeavoured

Sorry smooth, he is not the reason we didnt pick someone in the draft, it was the stupid decision made by Dodoro and team. For them to say he is playing well as an excuse was beyond stupid.

1 Like

how hes getting games and ridley isnt is beyond me lmao

yet another stunner from this amazing coach we have

2 Likes

That is true but it doesn’t mean players always fulfil their role, stats don’t always tell the full story but they still say something.

From a perspective, the criticism of him is warranted. It seems to me Ridley and McNiece had the same role in the seniors, and Ridley did so much more in the games he played than McNiece has in his games, imo

1 Like

But you do or are just happy agreeing with what our coaches are doing?

While that is true, you have to question whether his ceiling is high enough and his age young enough to justify the development games required for him to “come good”

Surely there are other players on the list who are 5 years younger, with higher ceilings who’d provide similar quality right now while they develop, and who are potentially going to provide significantly more over their career.

This isn’t just the cost of developing McNiece, it’s the lost opportunity to develop others

(Or course they may not want to develop others in the 1s)

1 Like

Jordan Ridley. I’d pick Matty Dea ahead of him. Same age but Dea is a far better player and is far more courageous as well.

4 Likes

Yeah, the McNeice decision is baffling. If he were 23, fair enough but at 28 I can’t see how he helps out more than Ridley. Maybe pace?

That’s not the reason

I was thinking Ridley as the obvious one, but could understand an argument for Long, or with a bit of juggling anyone else on the list

2 Likes

how this guy is still in is baffling. He seems to be a guy who can play well in VFL but AFL is just a step too far. I’m amazed he wasn’t first one dropped after his performance against Richmond

he shouldn’t be in over Ridley or Dea as smooth said.

2 Likes

He’s in the side, get behind him as he’s an Essendon player & you know what, he just might surprise us

6 Likes

One of his performances last year at Etihad was close to the worst performance I’ve ever seen from an AFL lister footballer. He should never have played again after that game.

He bring us nothing.

Dodoro said we wanted to keep McNeice available because he didn’t want to say Sydney stole our player and we are farking ropeable. It was media cover when he was interviewed straight after our plans for the mid season draft were scuttled.

1 Like

All I know is often when the Blitzperts are so adamant, it so usually turns out they are wrong, … so yeah, I have to back the Coaches considering they have all the info and know their plan, and no one here (in the main) has any idea about Coaching.

And no, I don’t know what it is at this point.

Haven’t had time to slow watch replays for the last month or so to investigate and / or postulate.

Clearly stole the photos that Myers had of Whoosha.

1 Like

BLITZPERTS

2 Likes

Should really be spelt Blitzpurts, . eh?

Spurting ignorance til the early morn.

1 Like

The majority on here continue to say this club has issues with developing players and sticking with players well beyond their used by date.

I’m not sure how that can be wrong considering the history we have of playing has been plodders. McNeice is just another example. The recent acquisition of Clarke just confirms it when we chose to play him over Draper.

Every side has plodders on their lists but we seem to play them like they are best 22 players when the reality is they should be break glass in case of emergency.

Ridley should be playing or even Long who is just as lucky to be on a list but is at least a few years younger.

6 Likes

Ignorance? No, I just think this bloke is blatantly not up to playing in the AFL. Different story if he was 18-19, he could develop over time with more experience and development. But he’s 27. It’s a complete waste of time giving him games, especially over someone like Ridley, who has shown he’s got a future at this level, and is some 7 years younger. The stupid thing is they’ll persist with this bloke and continue to play him when he should be dropped, yet the minute messers Parish, Langford or Laverde have a down game, straight back to the VFL, no matter how well they may have played the preceding weeks.

2 Likes

Guess they don’t see Ridley playing the small defender role.
Bags obviously passed it.
McGrath has moved to the middle.
So McNeice it seems to be atm.

Which tells me its a hole on the list.
Underrated role when it shuts down opposition gun small forwards.

3 Likes