#41 Ben McNiece - has been future endeavoured

Hope he gets taught the basics and we spend a lot of resources on his adaptation having only adopted the game 21 yrs ago

Actually the reaction to the recruiting of Ben McNeice is very disappointing - You are welcome to start a new thread if you wish to discuss the technicalities of the Next Generation Academy.

Have you seen the Kobe Mutch thread lately?

ffs dambuster…

Whats that samosa mean?
Say the sentence quickly and you should get it.

This is like:
A: do you know what je ne sais pas means
B: I don’t know
A: it means I don’t know

Hope he gets taught the basics and we spend a lot of resources on his adaptation having only adopted the game 21 yrs ago

Indeed, he has probably only played 500 games of footy in his life, he would be just getting the basics.

Indeed, he has probably only played 500 games of footy in his life, he would be just getting the basics.

A lot of footballers we have recruited in the past have played more games than that and can’t get the basics right.

Actually the reaction to the recruiting of Ben McNeice is very disappointing - You are welcome to start a new thread if you wish to discuss the technicalities of the Next Generation Academy.

There is a difference between banter/puns as in the Mutch thread, to outright hostility shown yesterday ( not today ) to McNiece’s eligibility for the Next Generation Program.

McChief.

We still ended up with two Mc’s

#winning

We still ended up with two Mc's

#winning

Out: McCluggage

In: McCurryage

ffs dambuster...

I just meant it’s gone off the rails and maybe someone should have started a separate thread.

ffs dambuster...

I just meant it’s gone off the rails and maybe someone should have started a separate thread.

I just meant don’t quote yaco, ffs.

Superior kicking skills, great addition.

There is a difference between banter/puns as in the Mutch thread, to outright hostility shown yesterday ( not today ) to McNiece’s eligibility for the Next Generation Program.

All I get from this is that yaco officially endorses all pun threads on Bomberblitz.

PS…Sorry Wim.

So here is some more information for you “pun-dits” to assimilate.

Ben McNiece becomes fourth Preston Bullants junior to graduate to AFL ranks after earning rookie chance with Essendon

Tim Michell, Preston Leader
December 1, 2016 9:43am

DENNIS McNiece and Russell Lambert were on to something when they started the Preston Bullants Junior Football Club.

Their sons Ben and Kane featured in the same Bullants’ side and were among the first players to reach 100 games for Preston.

They have since taken similar paths in pursuit of their AFL dreams.

Lambert toiled away in the VFL for Northern Blues and Williamstown before earning an AFL opportunity at Richmond.

McNiece has spent the past two years with Essendon VFL, establishing himself as one of the competition’s premier small defenders.

“He played junior footy with Kane Lambert who’s at Richmond and Adam Marcon who was a rookie last season,” Dennis said.

“Kane’s dad Russell and myself started the club, we were founding members.”

The Bombers have rewarded McNiece’s consistency over 30 VFL games by naming him as their inaugural Next Generation Academy player.

The 24-year-old was eligible to be listed as a Category B rookie as his mother Christine was born in India.

“I had known that rookie spot could be used, but not whether they were going to use it on Ben or not,” Dennis said.

“We were over the moon.”

McNiece and Lambert also played junior football with Adam Marcon, who played two AFL matches for Richmond this year.

McNiece has also featured in 87 senior games for Northern Football League outfit Northcote Park, where Dennis is general manager.

“He has worked pretty hard, he’s been at the VFL now two years,” Dennis said.

“He got best first-year player, was named vice-captain and he got third best-and-fairest.
“He does train very hard and has worked pretty hard to get where he has.”

Ben, who will give up his job as a project manager to join Essendon fulltime, said he was thrilled to be given a senior opportunity by the Bombers.

“This is such a wonderful opportunity for me to realise my dream of playing senior football, and to be able to do what I love on a fulltime basis is a huge honour,” Ben said.

Essendon VFL coach Paul Corrigan said McNiece’s determination over the past two years had been worthy of a promotion to the club’s senior list.

Several Preston Bullants’ VAFA premiership players also started their careers at the club’s junior affiliate, which has produced four AFL players.

Former Western Bulldogs forward Tom Hill also came through the ranks at Preston.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/ben-mcniece-becomes-third-preston-bullants-junior-to-graduate-to-afl-ranks-after-earning-rookie-chance-with-essendon/news-story/641960a74008a011d3b06590f3bc4651

McNiece Essendon’s Final Signing For 2016
Impressive VFL player becomes Essendon category B rookie
Tags: AFL, Essendon Bombers, Bombers

(Image: Getty)

Essendon have finalised their playing list for 2017 with the signing of Ben McNiece as a category B rookie.

McNiece, the Bombers’ inaugural Next Generation Academy player, has played for the club’s VFL team the past two seasons.

He qualifies as a category B rookie because his mother was born in India.

“I’m extremely grateful for the chance to be part of an elite football environment and to work under senior coach John Worsfold,” McNiece said.

“This is such a wonderful opportunity for me to realise my dream of playing senior football, and to be able to do what I love on a full-time basis is a huge honour.

“I’m looking forward to putting in the hard work and hopefully that gives me every chance to play at the elite level next season.”

McNiece finished third in the Essendon VFL best-and-fairest and played a key role in the team’s run to the semi-finals.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/afl/news/2016/11/essendon-bombers-sign-ben-mcniece-as-category-b-rookie/

Can we call him “Scooter”?

I know I will.

Well, because of the sneaky way Jackets slipped him onto the list, and the way no one saw it coming, …

http://s11.postimg.org/l690mehwj/20141404_Mc_Niece_potrait.jpg

(not to mention the look of a polo playing European playboy)

I’m calling him “Smokey”

Smokey McNiece.

Well, because of the sneaky way Jackets slipped him onto the list, and the way no one saw it coming, ....

http://s11.postimg.org/l690mehwj/20141404_Mc_Niece_potrait.jpg

(not to mention the look of a polo playing European playboy)

I’m calling him “Smokey”

Smokey McNiece.

I thought that was Yestin’s nickname…

New one on me.