#41 Ben McNiece - has been future endeavoured

New one on me.

I’m being a tad mean… There was some hints that Yestin was smoking at club functions.

McChief.

Wrong kind of indian!

The fact his mum’s name is Christine makes the whole thing even funnier.

The fact his mum's name is Christine makes the whole thing even funnier.

She is probably an Anglo Indian, a descendant of a mixed marriage back in the days of the East India company perhaps.

This is quite dis-turban and I won't say I'm sari about it.

You guys dhoti-ing on your favourites makes me feel sikh (different use of sikh here).
It’d help if he guru a bit.

I tandoor agree.

This is quite dis-turban and I won't say I'm sari about it.

You guys dhoti-ing on your favourites makes me feel sikh (different use of sikh here).
It’d help if he guru a bit.

I tandoor agree.

You guys will eventually make a hash of this.

Drafting him is clearly an attempt to curry favour with certain traditionally non-footballing sections of the community.

But seriously I think they do it purely on parent birthplace -and are happy to accept whoever qualifies. Imagine how hard it would be to delve into details of ethnicity…

McNeice. Get it India.

I’m just Delhi-ted that we gave another VFL player a Goa. I wonder how memberships did his Mumbai.

In 2011, around 47% of the Australian population had a parent born overseas. It was about 27% themselves born overseas (roughly 40-50% from Asia/Africa — is Oceania part of Asia?) and 20% who had a parent born overseas (struggling to find distribution for this).

Maybe it’s just a money thing — do Cat Bs count in the normal salary cap? — but I find it hard to believe clubs can’t find legit candidates.

In 2011, around 47% of the Australian population had a parent born overseas. It was about 27% themselves born overseas (roughly 40-50% from Asia/Africa — is Oceania part of Asia?) and 20% who had a parent born overseas (struggling to find distribution for this).

Maybe it’s just a money thing — do Cat Bs count in the normal salary cap? — but I find it hard to believe clubs can’t find legit candidates.

Cat B’s don’t count in the normal salary cap, and I’m pretty sure Oceania isn’t Asia as far as the AFL is concerned. As for the other part, that’s the theoretical purpose of the next generation academies; those are the demographics with lower participation rates in aussie rules.

The other factors for me are the reality of the available pool, and the AFL being stupid. On the first, even if participation rates across the demographics were equal, you’re looking at 15-20% of the available players who weren’t in the top 130 available players, so it’s always going to be a reach. On the second, the AFL announced the initiative in late July this year which isn’t a lot of time to change approaches and dedicate some resources to scouting those players.

I’m still kind of surprised more clubs didn’t take up the option, because it is a free hit, but the AFL basically sent the idea out to die in the first place.

New one on me.

I’m being a tad mean… There was some hints that Yestin was smoking at club functions.

Side note the amount of idiot footballers (in 2016) who regularly smoke when on the gas is actually pretty fkn crazy. Can’t tell you how many I see around town absolutely blind punching dart after dart. IMO anyone in this day and age taking up smoking is idiotic, but a professional athlete smoking just astounds me.

New one on me.

Side note the amount of idiot footballers (in 2016) who regularly smoke when on the gas is actually pretty fkn crazy. Can’t tell you how many I see around town absolutely blind punching dart after dart. IMO anyone in this day and age taking up smoking is idiotic, but a professional athlete smoking just astounds me.

When your entire career hinges of athletic results, smoking is a guaranteed handicap. For guys that spend their lives looking for 1% gains, that’s absurd.

The fact his mum's name is Christine makes the whole thing even funnier.

But But But…Jackets told the AFL her name was Krishtine

Just watched his interview and some footage of him on EFC site.

Loving the left peg on him. Beautiful kick and not afraid to hit the risky kicks in the backline. Can dob them from outside 50 also.

Good find. He’d be ready to go if needed too.

Just watched his interview and some footage of him on EFC site.

Loving the left peg on him. Beautiful kick and not afraid to hit the risky kicks in the backline. Can dob them from outside 50 also.

Good find. He’d be ready to go if needed too.

Yep, agree.

Never know what an AFL standard preseason might do to lift his his game a bit too. Seems a very bright kid.

There’s a piece on him in this week’s Moonee Valley Leader. It doesn’t appear to be on the (non special viewer) website though.

just graft his left leg onto joe. will be the greatest forward that ever forwarded.

just graft his left leg onto joe. will be the greatest forward that ever forwarded.
Might be a bit lopsided though.
Might be a bit lopsided though.

Pat Mullins anyone?