#41 Ben McNiece - has been future endeavoured

Do we have room on senior list for him or would we have to wait for the mid season rookie promotion or worse an LTI?

He’s pretty tight, good on the rebound, but a midget. Depending on the opposition two midget defenders with single-digit game tallies (between them) may still be appropriate.

1 Like

Baptism of fire, give him an Anzac day debut. Played well in the vfl, he’s rapid and kicking is elite. McKenna is a poor man’s McNeice :joy:

1 Like

Reliable overhead mark for his height, uses his body well to protect the footy and can jump. Not just a good kick, but seems to have the vision to choose the right option and has the ability to execute with a precise fast kick. Potential game breaker off half back.
He was always “solid” at VFL level, but has really benefited from the preseason and the level of competition at the club imo and has acheived a couple of BOGs/Bests in VFL practice matches and the first game as well.

2 Likes

BRING
HIM
IN

4 Likes

When people describe him I wonder why he isn’t in the team. Seems to have all the attributes by the sound of things. What’s his weakness that’s keeping him out of the team?

Being a rookie.

4 Likes

Really it’s just coming up through the VFL and building AFL fitness. He has all the attributes. Though is small in height. His left foot though is money and vision is AFL level . I watched him closely on the weekend and what has really improved is his aggression. He was very vocal and was really cursing himself if he thought he lost a contest. Was evident he had pride in his performance which was really pleasing. I thought in pre-season he was clearly our best small back in intra club games tbh.

1 Like

Mcgrath to the middle

Please,please upgrade him

1 Like

Gee whiz, I’m expecting an Adrian McAdam like year if he gets upgraded and picked based on your hype WOB.

Saw him once last year, saw him once this year, was enough for me. he’s way too good to be running around in the vfl imo. He’s definitely a afl player

I was under the assumption that Cat B rookies can be upgraded at any time?

Definitely surprised, and pleasantly so, at the amount of people in here who are steadfast in their belief that this kid is a player. Can’t have enough good disposers of the football in the team, especially off half-back.

Upgrade him. We need to start planning for post bags

Yeah, same here. Then I just thought I probably had misunderstood somewhere along the line having not paid much attention to Cat B rules.

No, unfortunately CatB rookies have exactly the same rules as normal rookies in relation to being upgraded.

1 Like

Ugh. It does not matter. We have 2 spots from Ridley and LAV. One is taken by Smack. One is available. McNeice can play if we want him to.

Don’t be surprised to see the same people calling him useless and screaming for him to be dropped if he has a bad one.

4 Likes

I don’t understand how that can even be - there is a finite limit to the player list. It isn’t +Rookie B players.