#41 Ben McNiece - has been future endeavoured

Interesting now we act within the rules and people still wonder if we are cheating. Talk to WADA and the AFL about that.

I’ll get my coat.

Watch him laser pass from the half back line this week,to a mid streaming through the centre.
Get that India!!!

Then all rules r loopholes

He is not ready for AFL footy.

Average or below in every aspect of game. Seems fast, but no explosive pace off blocks and seemed very lost at times.

I wouldn’t judge any newb too harshly on being a part of that mess yesterday.

It’s much harder for them when the main pillars are not functioning well, and systems they are taught seem to be suddenly non existent to them.

2 Likes

Sorry Mr Devil, but I don’t think it matters if it is his first game or 100th, clearly he is not ready for the pace and pressure. He looked lost yesterday, and his disposal was as bad as most others. He made two tackles, neither of which stuck. Supposed to be a great kick, well didn’t happen yesterday.

He may make it, but needs more games elsewhere.

You may be right on yesterday, I had streaming issues & haven’t seen the rplay yet, … but he didn’t do too badly on A Day.

May just have been a case of sophomore syndrome??

I really didn’t notice him do too much wrong.

But it is worth noting that while Ben is shiny and new, he is older than both Conor and Gleeson. In fact he is older than our captain. As such he should get a run at it to show what he has, but he will be judged harsher than others.

1 Like

Mr Devil, I am not trying to bag the young bloke, but I don’t see much upside.

I compare him to Bags who started about the same age. And maybe he can develope the poise needed to be a good player, but I just don’t see it as yet. And from watching VFL, I have been a bigger fan of HepA.

2 Likes

Can’t be true. Tackles aren’t counted unless they stick.

2 Likes

Who would you replace him with?

I would give him another game.

Kelly or Heppell

Kelly will certainly come back in but he’s most likely playing his final year and I’m with you on Heppell going back. I think that’s where he plays his best football.

I think McNiece needs more time though before we discard him.

Morgan is the other one if he can stay injury free and put together some solid form in the VFL.

Ummm, you don’t mean Aaron Heppel, … do you?

Considering he is broken for a few weeks to a month, and not to mention he isn’t even on our list.!! Small matters.

If you mean NEXT year, … then WTeF?? Let’s give Tonto a bit of a chance eh, …? Crikey!

You don’t think he’s AFL worthy? Why don’t you go say it to his face? Derp.

1 Like

I’d be dropping McNeice before Mckenna. Way more upside with Mckenna and I think he performed better yesterday anyway.

I thought Ben was serviceable yesterday. He didn’t do anything eye-catching but given that most of the things that were eye-catching yesterday were negatives, then that’s probably a good thing.

w.t.f - didn’t think he did much worthy of dropping at all yesterday

3 Likes

Benny is a different player to McKenna. McKenna is in the team as a running HBF, McNiece is a Baguley type small lock down defender clone in my view. Kelly is in between and is on his last legs, thus we need to plan for the future. MCG will move into the midfield next year hopefully, with no Kelly and Baguley on last legs we need to see what is available. Second game, 14 disposals, first half was good, faded out in 2nd off a 5 day break after one pre season. I didn’t see him do anything overly great, but neither was he very poor. I’d give him a couple more games as when Laverde and Ridley come of the LTIL he’ll be back in the VFL. More data to assist with decision for next year.

2 Likes