#41 Ben McNiece - has been future endeavoured

i think he gets the extra year as he is a Cat B rookie

i would be moving him on to find a better small lockdown defender personally or were probably going to need to take McGrath out of the midfield at points

1 Like

No where near it!! Next please

He’s not a cat b rookie though

And he’s nowhere as bad as some of you clowns suggest. I’d put him at 30-something on our depth list though.

3 Likes

McNiece was last year able to be selected from the Bombers’ VFL side as a Category B rookie because his mother was born in India - even though he’s never set foot on the sub-continent.

April 2017

Was upgraded at the end of last year

1 Like

FWIW… Tricky Ricky Dyson went on the NT trip the year he was cut.

3 Likes

hes still a cat b rookie. its was only an upgrade after a LTI. which just means he could play a senior game. unless he was upgraded at seasons end, hes still a cat b rookie.

As did Dempsey.

1 Like

He was moved to the Cat A list so he could be played anytime.

1 Like

Does that mean he’s uncontacted in that case?

It doesn’t necessarily- Draper is on a multi year contract while on the rookie list- but I believe he was on a one year deal.

This is more complex than a Calcatta curry.

1 Like

Solid chance to be upgraded to the senior list on a 1 year deal

Downgraded to Category B rookie list.

1 Like

Huh? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Given a 1 year extension on the Category B rookie list.

Club email just sent.

Ahead of the AFL’s list lodgement deadline, we have offered Ben McNiece a one year deal as a category B rookie.

Downgraded? He was on that already…

He apparently was promoted to the regular rookie list last year given we didn’t seem to rely on the long term injury list to promote him, as per regular rookies these days.

As per the email linked to above, he now will only be able to play if there is a long term injury:

Under AFL rules, a category B rookie can be promoted to the senior list if a player from the club suffers a long-term injury.

Goodness knows where these things are published, we seem to be reliant on fragments of information from the club and AFL to try to work out what is going on.

It’s almost as if they make it up as they go along…

2 Likes

That’s even more ridiculous than it was when he was first allowed to be a Cat B rookie.

5 Likes