#41 Ben McNiece - has been future endeavoured

Everybody says what a great kick he’s in the VFL. Yes I know the pace is quicker in the afl but why doesn’t this translate into the seniors, in particular when he’s under no pressure.

I don’t want to be seen as someone potting a bloke unnecessarily, but surely he should have his papers stamped never to play at AFL level again. He has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, nothing at all I’ve seen that remotely thinks he will make it. For someone who is apparently skilful with the ball 1) he doesn’t get enough of it and 2) he butchers it. Conditions I’ll take into account, but 4 possessions in today’s game, especially at the back where you can easily rack up cheap stats, is just not acceptable at all. It’s not like there is a trade-off in terms of he keeps his man quiet, which at least you can say for Ambrose. I didn’t know he was 27 years old, but that makes it all the worse. Get Ridley in, the kid never deserved being dropped in the first place. Or if you want to try and develop a small defender, who not try Dylan Clarke in such a role and see if that’s a decent way to get him introduced to AFL footy?

5 Likes

Please let it stop!

We are wasting development game with this guy, he is 27, he should have been like Baggers, walked in and been ok and improved from day 1. He hasn’t, cut your losses and play a guy who is potentially part of the future.

2 Likes

Been saying this for two years. Yet another example of wasted senior game time.

2 Likes

Looked like an average VFL player in an AFL team

In that he looked really ■■■■■■■ bad

1 Like

Concur with others here, he is not the required standard. Bags in the back pocket would be better. Should not have played. Try some others in his place to see what the cut of their jib is like.

1 Like

To be fair McNiece had put together some good games in the VFL before being selected.

However there was another player who had been playing a similar role in the backline. Who has shown in the past when given the chance in the AFL that he plays better than in the VFL. A player who would sacrifice his left nut to play in the Dreamtime game. A player who has a direct link to the importance of the build up and the game itself.

We played McNiece.

We should have played Long

5 Likes

I appreciate the significance of this round but I’m not for token gestures of playing games just because of it. Long is nowhere near AFL standard and has had more than his fair share of opportunities and shown to be not up to it.
IF and I mean IF you are playing another indigenous lad last nite it would be Mozzie. With the poor forecast last night we really needed a small forward

2 Likes

Unfortunately this is exactly what Woosha will push for. Or David Myers to play in the backline.

Fairly inconspicuous, apart from his errors.

Ben and Sydney Stack both play as small defenders, both are rookies at their respective clubs.

Should never of been kept on the list after last season. The fact that he still is and is still getting games just speaks volumes about the coaches and management

4 Likes

Why on earth is the bloke in the team?

Still in the team!! Who has he got photos of? my goodness

Will be needed. (Someone to blame for loss)

1 Like

Absolute joke. He’s had enough chances to prove whether he is AFL standard or not. He’s the reason why we didn’t take a 2nd mid-year Draft selection, so we could still pick him. ■■■■ me!

The amount of times this sort of crap gets posted about players, only for them to come good in the roles they are put in for is incredible.

You’d think people would learn.

3 Likes

There is always a few who don’t come through. Unfortunately, I agree with the majority here, McNiece isn’t up to it.

Sunday is his third game and it should be his last chance to play a solid game.

I thought he did alright in games prior to this year especially, but not too bad in '19 either. Maybe people don’t see what he is actually doing, what role he is playing. Maybe he’s doing exactly what the Coaches have asked and they see him improving in doing those things each week, so they persist.

So often supporters who have no idea about Coaching just cannot see what it is.

1 Like

You have to be kidding? He was directly responsible for 2 of their goals from the 4 possessions he “amassed” Saturday Night. He’s not an AFL footballer. I don’t understand how someone like John Worsfold, who is a premiership coach and a great player in his own right, can’t see that. He makes Daniel McAliater look like Gavin Wanganeen in comparison. He’s 27, so you can’t use the “young player” excuse as an out. Bin him off.

4 Likes