#41 Saad El-Hawli - Welcome to Essendon

Strangely enough 6-8 weeks for a syndesmosis is a pretty good result. Usually ~12+ weeks. So he may yet see some footy this year, but hard to see him breaking into the seniors with the lack of match fitness and training for the next 2 mths.

Well this is a bit ā– ā– ā– ā– .

2 Likes

yeh just looked - we only have archives back to Aug 2013.
WDā€™s post was about a week before the press conference - maybe just after the tip off from vlad?

my recollection is similar.
anyone else heard - ā€˜something big is about to happenā€™.

Feel very sorry for Saad. He has shown that heā€™ll have plenty of upside so a solid preseason awaits ahead of 2025.

3 Likes

Oh so you feel a bit

saad?

1 Like

You would really hope that he has shown enough to be given an extension. We extended Hunter, so there is precedent.

1 Like

This particular injury is just about the last straw for meā€¦ so disappointing, itā€™s always two steps forward and one crappy one back.

1 Like

Well at least thatā€™s progress. Itā€™s when it goes the other way itā€™s more of a problem.

2 Likes

I think we may be going two diagonal steps forward for total forward progress of one metre, then one 1.5 metre step backwards.

3 Likes

Thinking that itā€™s a bonus that he gets to work with Essendonā€™s medical is a unique view.

Then again this could have been a sarcastic comment & I missed the tone :man_shrugging:

Definitely more worthy of being on the list than many others. Yet again another reason why list sizes should grow.

3 Likes

Hope he does.
Is it a few weeks on the crutches and adhering to that RICE treatment, and then see how he goes? Or is surgery involved with his?

Has already had surgery I believe.

3 Likes

I think he may have meant the financial aspect of medical and rehab

ANNOUNCE EXTENSION

1 Like

No. 6-8 is standard.
Potentially you are thinking longer based on old surgery techniques with a screw, which they donā€™t do anymore.

2 Likes

But you have to add the Essendon premium, which is anywhere from 100%-500%.

2 Likes

Then we bang our shin on a rock and fall over into the fetal position with calf awareness.

2 Likes

Coolā€¦ matches our goalkickingā€¦

2 Likes