#42 Adam Saad

if there’s one thing adam most certainly doesn’t deserve, it’s his thread being turned in to a religious convo, they always end up the worst.

5 Likes

Yep. Mods need to do some gardening in here.

2 Likes

Exactly why the AFL should stop being thought police and actually just focus on making the game the best it can be. Something they forgot a long time ago.

No more religious posts from me now. But to be fair Adam made a religious statement.

He is a gun and smokey for AA squad.

1 Like

You’re a Sam Harris fan, yeah?

1 Like

Whats the problem?

Hes saying hes proud to be a Muslim, and proud to be an Australian.

Ones religion, ones nationality.

5 Likes

Now we just need a reference to cultural Marxism and we’ll have “intellectual dark web” bingo.

2 Likes

Interesting that call they called themselves Muslim, Australians. I thought it was the other way around or is it that the American version?

It’s not a “problem” as such. It’s just an observation. I find it odd that he can’t say one without the other, or rather, he can say he’s Muslim but he can’t say he’s Australian without specifying that he’s a Muslim Australian.

I’m a white Australian.
Is that weird?
Should we talk about that?
Should I be saying I’m an Australian white?
Maybe if I say it that way then I’ll be more Australian.

2 Likes

I’m an Essendon Australian, and damn proud of it.

17 Likes

The topic of conversation was literally about being a Muslim in Australia, and the reason he’s being talked to about it is because he’s Muslim and Australian. It’s not weird in the lead up to Dreamtime when a player says they’re a proud Indigenous Australian or Aboriginal footballer.

2 Likes

Im sure he is perfectly capable of saying one without the other, but since the only reason why he is having to make the statement at all is because of comments made surrounding a muslim ban or whatever, it seems salient to emphasise the fact that one can be both Muslim and Australian at the same time. It’s just for emphasis. Youre reading too much into it.

3 Likes

And pride in sections of the crowd continually shouting “F’ Rance!”

1 Like

Although I am white, anglo, born, bred here, family arrived on First Fleet etc, Adam is much more Aussie than me. This is because an important part of Australian culture is to be proud to be an Aussie. Adam is, whereas discussions like this make me despair for our lucky country.

2 Likes

Is he saying I am a Muslim first or is it the way he just interprets himself? I am curious.

I am Jewish but I do not describe myself as a Jewish, Australian. Is someone asks me I say I am Australian.
I am also a Buddhist but I don’t describe myself as a Buddhist, Jewish, Australian. Is it culture and maybe a generational thing?

All just semantics I guess.

1 Like

I’m a tall Australian.

Adjective, Noun. It’s a pretty logical order.

I’m not going shopping for a jumper green.

Edit: Also, even if you reverse them, he’s not exactly indicating his desire to restore the glory of the Caliphate.

How about start a religion thread if this stuff is so important to you.
Trashing a player thread with this stuff is just crap.

3 Likes

I am greatly conflicted. I have been a devout non believer in all religions for over 50 years, but at the same time l lay claim to following Essendon, that is my religion.

5 Likes

I believe in the 2019 Bombers!

1 Like

Could Saad run on water???