#42 Adam Saad

Gun, such a good game today.

I actually think he was simultaneously the reason we got back in the game and one of our biggest turn over merchants in the last qtr at the same time.

Shame really. On the whole he was excellent, but he burnt us a few times. Won’t happen again.

Tried his guts out

2 Likes

This is probably going to sound stupid, but I think he’s underrated because people only notice the flashy, pacy stuff. As a result, they don’t notice how good he is at defending

11 Likes

Spot on aboods.

He has always been an excellent 1-1 defender.

Nope. People are stupid.

2 Likes

He was excellent today - I thought at half time he could have gotten the ANZAC medal if he continued that form.

1 Like

How many of his touches are leading to scoring chains? I like his role this year but I don’t think he’s being underrated and definitely not in AA form. Maybe my eyes are lying but his offensive work isn’t doing wonders for us. Defensively though as a pure back pocket, he’s been strong.

Hes playing defensively and only attacks at the correct moment. Its subtle. He and the coaches have got the mix perfect IMO. He always still gets back

1 Like

Just the right mix of being responsible for his opponent and taking the game on.

4 Likes

Fast becoming one of my absolute favorites in the team, gun both in direct defending and taking off in attack.

And busts his farking ■■■■ to sometimes cover others mistakes or when teams get out the back of us.

He made some mistakes, but would rather that he keeps going for it, the good far outweighs the bad.

Love Saady.

6 Likes

Had 3-4 run down holding the balls.

Only 1 or 2 were paid.

Best HB in the game ATM.

1 Like

Just a reminder we got this guy for a mid second round draft pick.

2 Likes

“We’ll take the learnings out of it”.

1 Like

I love how he mentions his chocolates. Must be why he’s so fat.

7 Likes

And he mentions working on his skin folds. I hope he means reducing them but I’m not so sure…

2 Likes

Haha, he’s definitely been reading blitz.

1 Like

Huge admiration for both his ability and his effort.
We are at our most dangerous when he has the ball. In modern footy, with defensive zones and the way good sides strangle your ball movement, Saad is worth his weight in gold. He runs and penetrates and gives us the chance to break into space.
And his defensive effort is just outstanding. Second only to Smith.

2 Likes

Was farking enormous in the second half, especially last quarter. His second, third and fourth efforts are second to none. Just hunts the ball and never gives up. Best HB in the competition.

3 Likes

He’s become a go-to player. Give it to Saady and he will break the lines.

1 Like