#42 Adam Saad

I don’t think Laird’s been great this year.
Decent.

He’s been fabulous. I think he’s now in our top 4 most important players.

1 Like

Absolute gun. Love watching him play. Highlight of the night for me!

15 Likes

Laverde must have Spamstrings

Easily our best small defender since Wanganeen

7 Likes

How good!!! And he’s hard at the contest. He can and does do it all. Saad is as good a trade as the other Ss we got.

5 Likes

Goal Of the year contender there.

5 Likes

I know this sounds silly but he’s the sort of player I can see being the difference in the last few minutes of a grand final. Running the ball through half back and up the centre - taking on the small gap that other players would never take on to try and break open the game for the winning goal

17 Likes

Love that he has the confidence to back himself.

2 Likes

Every team needs a handful of blokes that can chase, lay a tackle, make an interception through sheer will of effort… do something inspirational when the oppo is in control. Saad, Zerrett, Raz, Shiel, occasionally Tippa… I reckon these blokes are our go-tos for this

What a pearler of a goal Mr Saad. I just loved the way he took opponents on and went bang!!
It took me back to the days of Windy Hill when Timmy would run riot and kick some of the most magnificent majors.

2 Likes

plus his gut busting defensive efforts and closing down.

1 Like

For that goal he kicked it slightly around the corner, it wasn’t a pure straight drop punt. A bit like Matty Suckling but not quite as extreme. I sat top level front row Medallion side wing so had the perfect vantage point, it was home the moment it left the boot. A ripping goal and a real team lifter!

3 Likes

Was at an important stage, we are 23 up if they peg it back to 17 it’s still way too close for comfort

But he goes and slots it!

Booya!

1 Like

■■■■ yeah Saady https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019-06-17/saad-nominated-for-goty

6 Likes

l also gave him 3 votes. His defending was top notch all night, the run and carry sliced the Dawks open, and the sublime intercept and goal were the cherry on top of the icing. A superb game, from an elite defender. Other teams are now worried about how they will limit the damage he does to them, him and McKenna.

2 Likes

I could list all the things he does so well. Instead (I know its a bit of a cliche) I will just say:

I love the way he goes about it!

2 Likes

I also note that, at least against the Hawks, and Carlton of course, no one looks like they are near to catching him.

Has he made adjustments to the level of risk he takes on, or are the above clubs slow, or just shizen?

1 Like

I noted that neither Saad nor McKenna made the AFL team of the week but Impey was selected on the back flank.
They are kidding themselves if they reckon Impey was better than either Adam or Conor but that’s the way the AFL rolls

3 Likes

yeah he’s really up and about so the boys are getting around him because it is what it is.

i win.

2 Likes