#42 Adam Saad

2 Sehkens in!

If he’s not the AA back pocket they might as well call the AA awards night off

7 Likes

Is absolutely in the AA team. Best small lockdown defender in the AFL, and then one of the most attacking.

3 Likes

Is lauded for his run and carry, the flashy running & bouncing but he’s a reliable one on one defender who rarely lowers his colours. I’m on record here how much I love the way he plays, he’s my pick for the Crichton Medal. Still think he’s underrated by those outside of EFC which is great for us if they continue to underestimate him.

9 Likes

Was it him who spoiled Jenkins in a one on one near the boundary?

Pidge

3 Likes

21cm shorter than JJ!

AAdam SAAd

4 Likes

He has AA in both of his names. Just ■■■■■■ give it to him.

6 Likes

It’s a potent combination that should be recognised and rewarded.

We’re sounding like broken records about the Ss, as they have all been outstanding trades for us. And Saad is as good as the others. And that’s the great thing they are quite different in what they have brought to the team.

1 Like

Realistically, who else would challenge Saad for one of 3 probable small/medium defender spots on the AA team?

By simply looking at stats (just as the simple AA panel does), I pulled these names:

D.Rich
N.Wilson
Jake Lloyd
Rampe
Laird
Sheppard
Brodie Smith
Shaw
McKenna

If I’m gonna pick one lock down back pocket, it’s Saad surely…

Stewart from geelong will get one of the small defender slots.

I see him as a lock for the 3rd tall along 2 x KP. So 3 medium defenders spots still available…maybe another additional 1 on the bench too.

J Lloyd would be a chance.

Mum asked me today who my fave EFC player is at the moment. Without hesitation I said Saad. He’s just magnificent.

9 Likes

“SaAd SmItH aND STriNgEr iS NoT WoRkINg” tOm bRownE

Me too. With Chooker close behind, who in turn narrowly leads Darcy “Darcy Parish” Parish.

Did anyone notice Saad jogging on the “injured players” oval in an AFL website video? He’s with Fantasia who is now rocking a blond hair do a la Guelfi. Leverde was also in the video jogging.

I want this star to win his first all Australian so stay fit young man.

They rotate blokes through there all the time. He wouldn’t be injured, he’s just having his training loads managed.

2 Likes

Wayne Carey on Talking Footy thinks Saad is a lock for AA this year.

Would be fantastic for him. And well deserved.

15 Likes