#42 Adam Saad

He has deleted this tweet. I suspect he was wrong.

As usual, afl rules are almost indecipherable.

You can TONGUE MY BALLS Footscray

9 Likes

Can we go after Kennedy now just to fark up Carlton?

5 Likes

Confirmed, our second next year.

1 Like

Within the AFL rules, if we get another second next year we can still trade our first. That means Doggies would have to give us back their second if they want our first next year.

We already have GWS second.

It has been said but gee that GWS deal was a good one for us.

Right now, as I understand it, our net result (assuming our finishing position is similar to GWS next year) of the trade period is:

In: Smith, Saad, Pick 24
Out: #11, 2018 Third Rounder

Is that right? If so… that is some fantastic trading by Jackets and Co… that Deal is so lopsided imho its not funny! 2 best 22 quality players for a 13 pick downgrade in a weak draft and a 3rd rounder? Winning!

7 Likes

I hear putting peanut butter on them makes it more tempting for dogs!

So we can still trade our future first or GWS’s future second round pick?

But we gave away our third. We would have to get back a third at a minimum. I was just being hopeful.

1 Like

11 & our future 3rd

Add in pick 30 and we will have landed all 3.

Crazy good.

1 Like

Yep, just realised I missed that out…

Still reckon that is a Dyson + 3rd Rounder level deal.

The best bit is that I don’t think GWS or Suns got ‘screwed over’ completely… nice, easy ‘fair’ trades by market value but I can’t help but feel we are the cat with the cream.

Perhaps overrating Smith and Saad but I really rate both… I’m super confident they will be very good players for us. I’m loving the comeback story!

We can trade our first if we get a second or third back, and we can trade GWS second if we keep our first. We have to maintain a similar position in any case, 2 second rounders is better than a second and a third so it is ok.

1 Like

I want all the trade

2 Likes

I remember badly wanting this bloke on our list after he outran Walla in that Round 1 game last year

Yay!

1 Like

In: Smith, 24, 2018 GWS Second, Saad
Out: 11, 2018 Third, 2018 Second

good trade

How could you pick a favourite?

quite easily.

DEVON SMITH BANDWAGON 2018

1 Like

Why the heck have I not already seen him twirling a football in an Essendon jumper awkwardly answering whether he is going to #DonTheSash?

1 Like

I’m counting on GWS/ESS finishing around the same area next year so I reckon the 2nd rounders cancel each other out… going to be 2-3 spots ether way imho… I mean gravy for us if we win the flag and GWS bomb…

Still… ■■■■■■ good trade when you look at the raw numbers… Reckon we are going to get a heap of value out of it and both guys (all 3 if we complete the triplet) are young too… so plenty of years left.

1 Like