#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Anyone notice Tippa having a chat to Carlisle after Joes huge mark in the goal square, third quarter - cheeky bugger might have been doing a Mark Murphy on Jakey.

3 on one contest in the pocket, saints player sees tippa. Poo comes out and toed it oob.

3 Likes

And instantly threw his head back to make sure the ump would find him guilty. TIPPA terrorised them in that first quarter.

(Then disappeared till the last when, like several others, he threw away the chance to have four goals to his name.)

His performance against the Saints got the attention of this reviewer.

With his electrifying pace, there is a sense of anticipation whenever the ball is in his general vicinity. It is the kind of pace that makes opponents panic
https://realsport101.com/news/sports/aussie-rules/st-kilda-v-essendon-five-things-we-learned-14-july/

I’m beginning to think I know who that reviewer is…

2 Likes

Thought his efforts in the first half kept us in it, was willing to do the hard things that many where not.

6 Likes

Even his quiet games are really valuable to the team. He is an ever-present menace and he attracts turnovers.

1 Like

Back to form. Was great today

2 Likes

5 of the first 7 goals were because of his work.

1 Like

Played a fantastic game. Also love that he doesn’t stand around and sulk when things like this don’t get called

5 Likes

You know what would be good? Kicking the ball to his advantage (to let him use his pace) rather than on his head.

4 Likes

Its ■■■■ poor seeing team mates do that… He is not going to take speckies all the time. He is at his best when he manages to outbody his opponent from behind and the burst back towards goals.

2 Likes

Seemed like our only player in fwd line in the first half and always had two way taller blokes right on him. So what do we do kick it in the air to him. I thought Tippa did a great job getting the ball to ground as many times as he did.

Oh it got called alright, if my lip reading is still accurate, Walla called him a fking R sole.

2 Likes

Oh you mean the free … gotcha.

Carry on.

2 Likes

the best 11 disposal game you’ll ever see

poise looks even more impressive when the rest of the team goes full spacko

1 Like

Just watched the goals highlights video. Walla has a hand in just about every one of them. Impressive.

2 Likes

“McDonald-Tipungwuti has created more forward-half turnovers than any other player — three ahead of Demon Alex Neal-Bullen — but has incredibly generated 28 more points than any other player from this source. No wonder opposition players get nervous when he’s in the vicinity.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/top-afl-forwardhalf-pressure-numbers-revealed-in-the-drill-podcast/news-story/ccfa5915beec1bedf0b446e0a486b268

19 Likes

Belongs in the JD thread I think :stuck_out_tongue:

He literally sets the trap by trailing them by what appears to be a safe distance.

Then.BANG!!!

2 Likes