#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Tippa…the best is yet to come!

Those 2 goals against FC was friggen spine-tingling stuff!

5 Likes

Amazing it’s only 1 season of highlights. Imagine the reel by the time he retires!

1 Like
22 Likes

More importantly than being a good footballer, Tippa seems like a fantastic bloke.

22 Likes

My girlfriend is a teacher, she was telling me about the “polished man” campaign that Tippa is involved with along with some other well known identities.

Long story short, the school had an event for the polished man including a competition. The winner of the competition got to speak with the Prime Minister by phone.

Winning child was more than mildly disappointed that the call was with the right honorable PM instead of Tippa.

He really is a great bloke and amazing marketing tool. Best yet he is using this profile for good and improving the community.

22 Likes

And I can tell you from personal experience that Kununurra this time of the year is steamingly hot & sticky. Hotter than Darwin & more humid than Katherine (the man made lake built there creates it’s own micro climate in that area).

1 Like

Not enough of his field kicking in that clip

Yeah, in his comments he mentioned it was 41 degrees while he was training and it climbed to 48.

Tough climate.

I knew blokes in the roofing game up there & I remember one telling me once that he would drink 20 litres of water a day in the build up & not have one p1ss all day- it just all sweated out of him

1 Like

I have a mate that works at Argyle and he’s always complaining about how hot it is :grinning:

Spectacular countryside though.

Yep Kimberley > than Kakadu & that’s from someone who lived in the Top End 14 years

2 Likes

Yeah, its on my list.

Only made as far as the Pilbara in WA.

1 Like

Such a good bloke. Good cause.

9 Likes
6 Likes

There are Walla socks now. We should all buy these socks.

4 Likes

been watching a few replays to get my essendon fix and have to say Tippa’s off ball work is Rioli’esque, born footballer, loves a bump.

5 Likes

Another Walla highlights video from the 'tubes, just because.

10 Likes

For those at the round 20 game against the Blues when Stewart and Walla combined to edge in front the feeling of expectation leading up to it and then the relief when he kicked it was exhilarating. Probably the biggest roar I have experienced at a bomber game for some time.

Walla has that ability to create a buzz around the ground that I don’t even think Joe has.

8 Likes

I’ve only been going to the footy every week for a quarter of a century or so, so I haven’t seen another player as universally loved as TIPPA.

Yeah, I feel kinda smug.

16 Likes