#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

There are many of our players who continually play for frees. Every side has em

1 Like

I agree. Wholeheartedly.

Although I could watch Walla run down Selwood on repeat all day.

I can’t name one Essendon player who continually plays for frees.
Most players are guilty of occasionally playing for a free, but that’s not the same as blokes like Selwood, Thomas, etc who duck their head at every opportunity.
Again, if they weren’t rewarded for cheating, they would eventually stop doing it.

I hate it as much as anyone but it wasn’t Selwood’s fault. He was playing within the rules. Thankfully they’ve been changed and it was hilarious to watch his face when he missed out on legit ones last year. I believe you reap what you sow which is why I really hate what was creeping into JD’s game. It’s not a good look.

Surely we’re better than this aren’t we? Calling other people and clubs names like this or e.g “Wet Toast” is something I’ve always cringed at. It’s so juvenile.

1 Like

You’re right; edited.
Was a bit crappy

I felt Lloydy used to do it a bit, and it did have an effect on my opinion of him as a player.

It’s the defender soccer player in me. I despise blokes that play for the free.

Lloyd had a phase or two where he’d dive rather than duck, but either way it’s not on.
You hate it when opposition players do it & it’s also embarrassing when your own players do it.
Hated seeing Joe do it.

Was someone making him do it?
Most players didn’t do it, thankfully.
But some tried to milk free kicks from it, so I’d argue it was still Selwood’s fault.

Funny how Lindsay Thomas became irrelevant after they changed the interpretation on paying frees for ducking. Selwood still gets his fair share but they stamped it out a little bit versus what was happening a couple of years ago.

1 Like

Aka the reverse mohawk. Sounds like you and l frequnet the same barber.

1 Like

Monfries was an embarrassment

4 Likes

When the major rule changes came in years ago. Geelong where the first ones to learn how to exploit the new rules and won flags because of it. Hence me discust with them. All clubs do the same now though including us. There has always been players who have played for frees, but Geelong took it to a new level. By the time all the other clubs woke up to it and started doing the same. Geelong had won 3 flags.

C’mon mate, they didn’t win those flags because of that. That Geelong team was a great team

3 Likes

Lol blitz.

1 Like

Not sure if srs … :thinking:

Had “The Weapon” on staff,… and by proxy the Dankster himself.

I personally have no doubt they were “Assisted” Flags.

1 Like

I take it that you think that we were 100% guilty then?

I’m not as convinced.

1 Like

Nope. Why does one thing mean the other?

Even an idiot could clearly see we weren’t.

I’m pretty sure Bomber would have been aware of anything dodgy going on at Geelong.

Can’t see why he would want them at the Bombers unless we were cheating.

1 Like

I can’t follow that logic.

What makes you think/believe Bomber was across everything that was going on in the sports science dept?

No other coaches ever have been, as shown during the saga,

3 Likes