#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Dont try a fend off against Tippa , Marty

Or it probably will end like this

Not so sure about Martys fend off technique. He needs to have the arm bent at contact, then push off by straightening the arm just after contact is established. More bench presses Marty.

Nothing to do with strength and all to do with momentum.

Agree Deckham, should not be called a “fend off” but a “push off”. Just hanging a straight arm out there gives a Hurley or Tippa time to grab the arm and pull the player in. The aim of the push off should be to help establish momentum pushing the players apart.
Apparently the teams are practicing fend offs, and ways to beat them, although players say beating a fend off is not easy. Practice reaches a fever pitch when teams are about to play Geelong or Richmond

1 Like

Holy bejesus is that Gleeson? Looks like he has been eating his spinach.

I think we need to see the next photo in the series.

As it stands there, Gleeson has both arms free and has kept his feet.

To be fair, the “Fairest” and Best in the League tried that too, and TIPPA smashed him as well.

TIPPA.

5 Likes

Gleeson was last reported on the way hospital.

Marty tries the fend off quite often in games. ( probably someone told him he has long arms) At first it never worked, but he is getting better at it. I have no problem with him practicing it.
On the other side of the coin, I seem to recall Sam Powell Pepper fending Marty off very effectively at least once in the game against Port.

Not many of our players try it. But be prepared. In 2018 “The Package” will deliver fend offs that would make Dusty drool.

Looking more lean with each pre season that passes.

Has replaced the void that was left by Lovett love Tippa.

I think I miss Tippa more than I miss football.

6 Likes

When he tackled Dustin Martin in the forward pocket.

5 Likes

Cant stress just how important this guy is to our setup.

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (Essendon)

Ranked elite as a general forward. He ranked elite for forward-half pressure acts, while the team scored from 27 per cent of the turnovers his pressure acts forced.

5 Likes

Started from the back now we’re here.

ha. good one.

1 Like

Coolest dude playing AFL.

and he is OURS.

6 Likes

I want to see him whip the boots after a goal and moonwalk his way back to position.

8 Likes

Everyone’s favorite player :grinning:

14 Likes

That pic makes a GREAT wallpaper!! Thanks.

1 Like

If you zoom in you’ll notice that Green is sitting on Walla’s lap.

14 Likes

I sadly admit that “Wheres Walla” came to mind.