#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

That’s exactly my point - I agree.

FWIW I think it’s because he’s carrying an injury. It’s not form IMO.

Whatever it is, I don’t pretend to know, but choosing to not go at the ball is a decision-making / form / confidence issue

Tippa wears a knee bandage at training. Surely it must be niggling him

Whatever it is I sure hope he gets fitness/form/confidence back soon.

A former indiginous player said to me recently that Sheedy let indiginous players like Long and Rioli play there natural game and not subject them to a strict game plan. He believes that Walla is being stopped playing his natural game and that he is not being suported enough by teammates.

Seems to me, he is injured.

Give him 2 weeks rest. The guy just doesn’t look right

1 Like

Any decent game plan should play to the teams strangths. This must include Walla being himself, unpredictably good, and the same as he was last year.

Just seems to have the dark cloud of “the Gameplan” settling on him.

That appears to be the whole team and club actually. No more fun podcasts like the Hard Tag, all serious stuff and I’ve turned off from it. No more care free attacking, all strict and boring.

1 Like

Unfortunately the game has moved way past that know. Now days it’s all about structures and positioning. It is not possible to have an effective structure if there are guys just freewheeling as they wish. That happens and things start to break down.

1 Like

Cyril Rioli

Eddie Betts

Structures ??

They are allowed to create their magic.

Feel sorry for the bloke is busting a nut on one leg.

2 Likes

They both play to structures. If you can’t see that you aren’t watching.

1 Like

That’s not on the club, actually.

1 Like

Dusty Martin has liberty to create his own magic as well. Amazing what can happen when you let players play on instinct.

1 Like

Players or other guy dropped it?

If you want to see it back, nag the players.

1 Like

Cannot agree with you there Boot.

And these structures are destroying Joey and our ability to kick a score.

1 Like

Sounds like a cross between Heather Mills and Jesse Hogan.

3 Likes

Now that we know that Joe has been playing injured… What’s the story with Walla? Is he playing injured too?

Be fair. When the team is in trouble, you have to stagger the good news stories…

3 Likes