#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Tippa is criminally over-rated on these boards and is a classic example of a player that needs to play his role due to his deficiencies in his game.

Sadly when you have a team devoid of structure and support, a player of his elk is exposed. Added he is carrying and injury/ playing unfit.

I would give him a spell

As with last week - Tippi and Stringer offer maybe two or three electric moments per game but go missing for the rest. Maybe a team can carry one player like that, but not two. Iā€™m really hoping Tippi finds his pace, tackling pressure and attack like that he showed when first in the team, but if not, he needs to either be omitted until healthy, or dropped until in form. Running him through the midfield is not the answer. But I could say just about exactly the same about Stringer (except to wonder why he was recruited).

I reckon many of you should have another look at the replay.

Walla didnt star but he did heaps of support work for others in the forward line and around the ground. Not as much pressure as last year, but still much more than most.

3 Likes

tippi

He played without strapping on his knee, so maybe he is on the improve in that department and will be freer with him play.

There is another tippa running around for the Swans in the neafl kicking goals. Heā€™s unlisted i believe. Anyone know anything about him.

Thatā€™s Adam. Heā€™s been on the radar for a little while. Was in the Lions academy.

He was also in my hype list 2 years ago

2 Likes

I think he needs to go to the VFL, isnā€™t doing enough for AFL. Probably wouldnā€™t get a game at a lot of other clubs. He isnā€™t the future. Heā€™s a cult hero and thatā€™s about it.

#bazzout

Looks a touch overweight this year. Needs a spell

Itā€™s a vibe thing - just not there with Tippa at the moment. Something needs to change. Whether it a spell in the VFL or a change in role - donā€™t know. Just want the old Tippa back.

Thereā€™s a Tipungwuti playing in NEAFL for Sydney.
@benfti
What relation is he to Tippa and what do you know about him?
Is he in our academy?

Looks promisingā€¦

1 Like

Bring Him In.

Cousin, and no, he is/was in the Lions academy

I hope so. Seems like such a lovely and humble guy - heā€™s recent performances donā€™t do him justice.

Want to see him get better and better and not just stagnate.

Heā€™ll end up on a list for sure

Imagine if we had Davey Tippa and Jetta all in the same forward line

Nah, 3 blokes playing CHF wouldnā€™t workā€¦

6 Likes

NEWTIPPA

No word of a lie but this guy done a ā€œRoyal Waveā€ when asking for someone to lead up to him when he was taking the ball up the ground today.

• It may be the Wild Turkey
1 Like