#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Would love to know what was up with the start of the season.

Last month has been sensational. Heā€™s a genuinely good complete footballer.

2 Likes

Heā€™ll kick ten one day when the team realise heā€™s not a tall, pack mark, forward.

1 Like

Heā€™s a slow maturer.

Yep. How many times do we kick it high to him with 2-3 opposition players right with him?

If the players were clever they should dribble kick to him in that situation.

3 Likes

That first touch handball over the top to set up the goal. Oh myā€¦

3 Likes

always seems shy/awkward on camera/interviews.

Theyā€™re all different kind of athletes though. Heppell can motor all day long, while Merrett spends a lot more time on the bench and is more of a burst player who runs from contest to contest at high intensity for shorter periods. Tippa has a burst of speed that neither of those guys have, but will probably never have the aerobic capacity that they do either. Heā€™s also worked as hard on his fitness as anyone has

4 Likes

give this man half a second with the ball in the forward line and he will destwoy you.

Last trade period I did a search for the phrase ā€œexactly what we needā€.
It turns out about 650 of the 700 odd listed players are ā€œexactly what we needā€. What are the odds?

Thanks for the heads up caro.

2 Likes

Wrote him off a while ago, but been good the past 3-4 weeks.

Was superb last night

You write off a player like Walla, at your peril.

1 Like

all true. heā€™s not gonna be a Stanton but he could still be so much more damaging if he managed to improve his tankā€¦

Good post.

A lot of people donā€™t understand elite conditioning, genetics, power vs endurance athletes etc.

Typo? Or gross exaggerationā€¦?

i actually think I do understand it more than mostā€¦ and Iā€™m an endurance ā€œathleteā€ who wishes he had more power and burst- you can make a donkey a faster donkey but he wonā€™t become a racehorse (thatā€™s why Iā€™m stuck on a 2:52 marathon PB and not a 2:36 like my little brotherā€¦). i do envy the guys i train with who can run 400m or 5km considerably faster than meā€¦

1 Like

I would love to see this blokes stats comparison with games played with Fantasia and played without Fantasia.

From the naked eye - I think he seriously struggles to have any sort of impact when he plays without Raz.

1 Like

Everyone plays better with Raz in the side.

3 Likes