#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Always put’s in and never stops trying. A great asset to the Club

4 Likes

Yes, agree that school is a priority for Mozzie. I have no problem waiting…

1 Like

And you can see just how much the rest of the team love playing with him.

1 Like

So glad he’s over whatever was hindering him last year

How is this guy not in the leadership team?

2 Likes

Interesting - this pre-season is the first time I’ve noticed Walla giving directions and being more liberal with his voice. Coming out of his shell, maybe.

2 Likes

Mozzie has infected him with leadership

Not sure how serious but did not train due to lower back, looked very uncomfortable.

1 Like

Add to the cooked pile

This is not good. TIPPA we absolutely need.

2 Likes

2 Likes

At least we still have Big Joe to kick it to.

1 Like

Fk me.

Post reported.

6 Likes

Thoughts on rotating Tippa through the midfield?

I personally don’t like the idea. Whilst he is clean and is immense by foot, we are hurting our forward line more than we are benefiting our midfield. His forward pressure is vital to us and he showed amazing goal sense during the JLT (even though we know that he’s always had that).

Much better up forward that in the midfield IMO

2 Likes

If he helps our midfielders go that little bit harder, by having small bursts though the middle, then I have no issue with the idea. Especially if someone like Smith rotates into the forward line

3 Likes

Thread title is short- full name is Anthony William Watson McDonald-Tipungwuti or

TONY BILLY WATTO WALLA MACCA TIPPA

6 Likes

I agree, our mids don’t really transition into scary prospects fwd.
Would love to see what Merrett could produce deep fwd for 15-20 minutes a game.
Smith needs to spend more time closer to goal then last year. A third or more of his game should be spent roving packs up fwd.
Langford is good to go fwd when stringer is in the guts or off the field.
McGrath showed promise in the small patch at the end of last season up forward but just like Heppell would prefer their spare non midfield minutes spent in defence.
Zaka has spent some time at half forward this preseason.
Myers and Shiel seem like the mids that won’t impact as much as others in other areas of the ground therefore should be the nucleus of our midfield. I can see both however successfully playing the defensive fwd role depending on opposition. Parish is in a similar boat to Myers and Shiel.

In the end if we’re playing 8 or more of our genuine mids there shouldn’t be an urge to play the likes of Walla, Stringer, Fantasia or any other player to be called into the midfield beside for the odd clearance here and there to mix it up, break a tag and or force a mismatch.

Fantasia, Stringer and Walla all have high impact when in the middle and add another dimension to our oft one-paced midfield. We should definitely continue to roll them through, especially when our mids are struggling to get the ball into the forward line. At times I feel like that move takes a bit too long to be done when to opposition are on top of us or we are struggling to transition the ball effectively.

4 Likes

Agree. However our midfielders need to take responsibility and learn how to curb the opposition influence themselves. I don’t think we can be a contender until the midfield fight there fight and own the challenge themselves. It might get worse before it gets better but our goal is a premiership not continuous finals campaigns. Sink or swim.