#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

That might be fair but I think it’s a big stretch to go dropping him for Baguley as a result. You might know what you’re going to get with Bags, but it will be less than what Walla provides

Yeah, it’s not about getting Bags back into the side.

It’s about setting a standard and dropping under performing senior players.

Fair enough. I guess there are 3 or 4 other senior players I’d be making an example of first.

1 Like

I agree.

I was just singling out Walla because I was pretty peeved straight after the game and I didn’t think he had done enough.

There are many more just as inconsistent as Walla.

To Walla’s credit even if he’s not scoring goals he contributes in other ways which is more than can be said of others.

Before he screws it up any more… in the last 16 games he’s scored 32 times.

29 of them were goals.

8 Likes

Oh boy… watch the ball drop on his set shot goal with 6 minutes left in the third quarter. There’s a slo-mo shot where he holds the wet ball from the top in one hand, before triggering the drop by raising his thumb. His fingers don’t extend to the bottom half of the ball. He’s a freaking gecko.

(For comparison there’s an example of how mere mortals do it in the closing slo-mo montage from Heppell.)

7 Likes

And his 100% winning prediction streak this year continues. It’s become so reliable I actually relaxed in the Freo game after he kicked his first goal, and I kept hoping he would kick one in the Dreamtime game.

1 Like

Sportsbet should do a “Walla goal and we pay out all Essendon bets” promo

18 Likes

Would probably void the bet

3 Likes

8 Likes

Thanks @Shahid_Afridi. To be clear for others, that top hold was sustained over many frames: ball was glued to his hand. How?!?

(And this came after commentary that this set of indigenous balls was extra painted and hence extra slippery.)

1 Like

geez I wonder what your day job is!!

Benfti holding a cushion over his lap rn

2 Likes

Ha ha! I’m at home in bed with my yearly bout of tonsilitis (I must get them out) so more time on my hands than usual. I watched the Carlton game again today and remembered @theDJR post so kept an eye out for it and took some screenshots whilst I was at it. I’m pretty fascinated by all things Tippa and don’t mind telling you that he’s my favourite.

7 Likes

All I see is 3 behinds. I’m more of a glass half empty kind of guy.

3 Likes

EFA

2 Likes

From Trends podcast. Most efficient forward in the game. 79% goal efficiency vs expected 49% based off difficulty of shot.

2 Likes

But he isn’t doing enough…that’s what we are being told.

@IceTemple, who is telling us that?
He’s our leading goal kicker and is by far the most prominent and productive forward
we have this year. He provides defensive and offensive pressure. I love him!:heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::star_struck:

1 Like

Sorry. My bad.

1 Like