#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

He is progressing to Super Cult Status!!
You rub your eyes and go ‘wow. I see it but I don’t believe it!!!’
All sports have their exceptionals.
Ali, Messi, Federer, Jordan;
Tippa becoming ours.
Enjoy the ride!!!

1 Like

It really was an incredible game from him. On at least 3 or 4 occasions he split the pack in the air to create a contest in our fwd line against 2 or 3 much taller opponents and brought the ball to ground. At his height he has no right to be able to do that. But he is one of our only fwds that actually lead inside fwd 50.

3 Likes

That last goal seconds of Tippa’s before the siren went, was an absolute ripper. It should be goal of the year, hardly see daylight through the posts. Only a couple of players are capable of kicking like that, the other player is the brilliant Eddie Betts.

3 Likes

As pointed out on the commentary after his second goal, the big body check to take out Goldstein in the marking contest, then crumb it for a goal. Just so smart.

Is he right or left foot?

1 Like

“I really wanted to kick the winning goal, it was really in my mind that I wanted to kick it so I just kept running”

• Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti, 13 July 2019

*May be slightly paraphrased

6 Likes

And he runs and he runs and he runs and he runs and he runs

9 Likes

Walla is now the Roman Catholic Church of Cults. He’s totally gone mainstream.

1 Like

He’s comin ta getcha!!!

2 Likes

Is this bloke really out of contract at seasons end?

2 Likes

He moved to Vic for school, so no

His ability to weave out of congested situations, avoid tacklers and still kick with accuracy is amazing to watch

3 Likes

Yes

For that last goal he was 1-2 inches away from pole axing #34, just before he snapped the goal.

Would not want to be on the end of that deltoid. Arms like Arnie

1 Like

Scooters Twitter has an awesome vid of wallas last goal from a supporter in the stands.

The degree of difficulty is farking insane.

45 Likes

Great video… but come on, how can any Bomber supporter still be sitting down after that goal?? Everyone should be on their feet doing a fist pump!

4 Likes

What do you mean?

He moved to Vic for school when he was in the middle of high school, we certainly didn’t put him straight on the VFL list then.

So what’s your take on AT’s version of events that I was responding to?

It wouldn’t add much to the conversation if I answered that, so I won’t.

The club clearly knew very well where he was at with his fitness and readiness, and it’s turned out very well.

1 Like

Walla knew what he was doing.