#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Hopefully they learn from that and do it more often.
Defenders would be terrified having a 1 on 1 with a ground ball coming in like that

3 Likes

Better than sitting it on his head and expecting him to outmark someone 6 inches taller. Heā€™s so clean off the deck, both those times one take grabs, gives them the slip and an assist on goals for McGrath and Brown.

3 Likes

Why does he slip over so much? Last night must have been dewey or something, because a few others were doing it too, especially early.
But he has always been unduly prone to it, which is weird for a player with a low centre of gravity and so much balance. When he is accused of ducking, a lot of the time it is a slip.

So when are we offering him a fresh new contract?

He tries to get low to turn on a dime. Itā€™s not that big of a deal I think, wins him some high contact frees and he usually recovers before the defender gets through their turning circle

AMT and Stringer in the same team. Our team! Itā€™s a privilege to watch them each week. What a great time to be an Essendon supporter.

13 Likes

And even though votes for him were split 2 ways, both still got more votes than the Stack goal. Thatā€™s impressive.

2 Likes

Sooo good to see. When we chatted with Rob Harding in pre-season, there was only one question my friend had for him, after watching delivery to Walla all last year ā€œIs it the team plan to land the ball on Tippaā€™s head when we kick forward?ā€. I remember him saying ā€œWell, itā€™s not our plan, but it does seem to happen often, doesnā€™t it? They should be kicking to his advantage so he can run onto itā€. Our point was that kicking along the ground to Tippa would immediately give him the advantage. Iā€™d back him against any 2 opposition players when the ball is tumbling near him.

9 Likes

He has been so inconsistent this year. Gone completely missing in our losses.

1 Like

Are they the same type of ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  who got a thrill out of ripping into us during the Saga?

Opposition supporters are legit starting to fear playing us.

Post Auskick yesterday I had this lovely old lady stop and chat to me when doing some groceries with one of the kids. I had a Bombers jacket on. She was a Saints supporter telling me how last nights Bombers performance reminded her of the Essendon of the 80ā€™s. She mentioned sheā€™s been to Adelaide a bunch of times to watch games and the supporters are typically pigs (she did reference Port as being the worst) and how great it was for an undermanned team to beat them on their home deck.

Also got a few texts from random opposition supporters on Friday night pumping up our teams win.

Nice to be post Saga with the team slowly building some respect back amongst the league.

17 Likes

My next-door neighbours, long-time Melbourne supporters, are fed up with them and talking of swapping to us. Helps that two of their boys have married wisely and the grandkids are Bomber fans.

11 Likes

The biggest disappointment of the last two seasons is that we havenā€™t been able to get our first choice forward line on the park together.

Walla, Fantasia, Stringer, Daniher, McKernan would make a pretty fracken devasting attack

4 Likes

Being fed by Redman, Zerret, Zaka, Irish and Frank

3 Likes

This was a silly post 30 days ago. Now it is stark raving bonkers.

17 Likes

I tend to agree tbh. I reckon weā€™d get a second rounder, and thatā€™s about it. Highly skilled, highly creative, but the facts are that he turns invisible quite often. You wouldnā€™t give up a first rounder for a player who is really only seen in 50% of the games he plays in.

I remember wob saying something similar shortly before he was banned.

He did not need to
Every time he got it he disposed of it brilliantly
What a star we have!!!

2 Likes

Dead on stir fried. In the Melbourne game a little Demon in front of me virtually swapped support much to his dadā€™s chagrin.
I was critical too, but others said at least heā€™s trying. Itā€™s easy to forget that most of this side has not had many games together so he often seems off the ball, and the boil.
Now Iā€™m getting folks from other clubs calling me and saying what an outnout star he is. Heā€™s arrived, and may his stay be long. Easily another ten years. As Iā€™ve said before if heā€™s having a bad day let him run out of the back

Disagree. Michael Long was also capable of these things on a regular basis. He only needed to get one hand to the ball, he was deft with little tap ons to advantage, that he only needed a handful of possessions to cut up the opposition. I was always confident that when he had the ball, the next possession would be to our advantage. Tippa has the same quality about his game, so no, he isnā€™t alone in tis capacity.

6 Likes

When we become a genuine top 4 team and contender we will see the Tippa we have seen in the last month week to week. Heā€™s a freak.

1 Like