#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

This place is fkn mental.

He’s in our first 10 picked.

Tullamarine would be burnt to the ground by rabid TIPPA fans if he got dropped.

The Walla fans are more mild.

Tullamarine would be burnt to the ground by rabid Tippa fans if he got dropped.

Keep him forward for the time being. We need to have him in the side - just need to find the best spot.

When we start winning our far share of the midfield ball he will be electric.

Pretty hard to say here for me. People are saying we look slow in the back half, but we have been transitioning the ball pretty well from there, and once in the fwd line we have been scoring a lot for the entry’s we have had. Our backline was great on the weekend and held up fantastically well. Perhaps we would leek a few more goals with tippa there. But what we gain offensively may more then make up for this. Its hard to say.

Our fwd line and back line both look pretty solid ATM. Its our midfield that has been the problem, we seem to be loosing clearances, and our mids are not great defensively. Tippa would aid with some much needed speed here but I dont think he is the answer here, it seems to me more like a team thing. The players simply have not played together long enough yet. Judging only on what I have seen in the JLT series I will not be surprised if we struggle winning games for the short term at least. But one can certainly read to much into these practice matches.

Tippa can play where needed. The point people make that he is exposed in the air down back is a valid one. But depending on matchups I am still not against playing him there, in fact I love seeing him play there. But he is holding his own in the fwd line, and even if not getting the ball he provides plenty of defensive pressure. Depending on his fitness, I am not against him having a few small stints in the midfield if he is having a quiet game up fwd.

1 Like

Will get another go in game 3. I think he’s been reasonable considering he’s given great defensive pressure plus kicked a goal each game. We must remember that a little over a goal a game gets a player in the 30 goal mark for a season…something that we haven’t had for along time until Fantasia last year. So basically, with a few more high impact touches Tippa is basically doing what’s expected of a small forward.

I agree that right now he’s probably the last picked out of Fantasia, Green and him but I believe we will go with the 3 small setup. At his current output he might get pushed out against certain opposition if Woosha wants an extra midfield runner or another tall of some sort but he’s not far off. It’s the beauty of having a strong team with strong depth, good players aren’t guaranteed a game.

Walla had a poor JLT1, but in JLT2 kicked a goal and had numerous goal assists. That is exactly what we want him in for.

He had four touches.

And apart from his goal , his bullet hand pass to Laverde for Laverde’s 2nd goal can only be classed as sublime.

i don't care where he plays he's a fkn asset whatever position.

And if anyone thinks there 18 players let alone 22 better than tippa on our list they’re fkn kidding, infact it infuriates me more than a pat smith article at the height of the saga

Ruck? :wink:

If round 1 is based entirely on two practice games, Begley is FF for life and Joe can go play at Ungarie for all we care.

Summer training and intraclub matches count, too. The Four Horsemen bit is based on more than just Blitz imagination. And they’re gonna break Hawthorn’s wrist and ankle come round one, and set them down the path of hard times.

I feel like I'm shooting Bambi, but at this stage I see Tippa as possibly missing out on round 1 based on current form as a forward. Raz, Green and Colyer all produced more per game than we've seen from Tippa. With a whole pre-season not playing defence, it's unlikely he'd be shifted back at this late stage. If the decision is to drop one of the 4 to go a bit taller, you'd have to reward the results to date. I fully expect Tippa to be an awesome HFF, but it may take more games to adapt than we have remaining in the pre-season comp.

He was trialled as a forward last season too before moving back.

News Flash: The season hasn't even begun yet.

Just saying there’s a good chance all four don’t line up round 1. Might be given a handful of VFL games to build form. Might be a Begley or Laverde that forces out a small. Might be all four get the run as hoped and are pure awesome to watch. Whatever happens, I don’t think the selection committee for round 1 have an easy job ahead of them.

Might be unpopular but anyone else think Tippa is best suited for us down back?

I think we’ll get more out of him as a player and need him more down back and up the ground than up forward. Yes he creates pressure up forward but we already have Fantasia/Green/Colyer for that. I’d much rather him get the ball 15-20 times down back/midfield and deliver it with some crisp passing to the leading forwards. I also think we have Kelly/Stanton/Goddard/Bags all slower/older players so a bit of pace would really help straighten it up.

Wasn’t Davey delisted based of the fact his pressure acts were the only reason he was in the side? (struggling to get the ball). I’d prefer Tippa causing havoc and pressuing down back/midfield.

I’d say he’s best suited to the midfield but until he has the fitness for that I guess his rebound makes up for his liability overhead down back.

Much better off the HBF for mine. However he did kick 4 against Carlton and I trust that Woosha is developing his forward game so he can dominate up there like the Carlton game last year.

His pressure and defensive efforts were fantastic yesterday. The goals will come. Keep him forward

His pressure and defensive efforts were fantastic yesterday. The goals will come. Keep him forward

with 3-4 non-tall threats up the fwd line you’d have to expect players getting the odd 3 touch game. But we got so many of them that i think it’d be fine. Also not getting the pill doesn’t mean he can’t smash gws ■■■■■ over the boundary line.

Might be unpopular but anyone else think Tippa is best suited for us down back?

I think we’ll get more out of him as a player and need him more down back and up the ground than up forward. Yes he creates pressure up forward but we already have Fantasia/Green/Colyer for that. I’d much rather him get the ball 15-20 times down back/midfield and deliver it with some crisp passing to the leading forwards. I also think we have Kelly/Stanton/Goddard/Bags all slower/older players so a bit of pace would really help straighten it up.

Wasn’t Davey delisted based of the fact his pressure acts were the only reason he was in the side? (struggling to get the ball). I’d prefer Tippa causing havoc and pressuing down back/midfield.

Walla had a poor JLT1, but in JLT2 kicked a goal and had numerous goal assists. That is exactly what we want him in for. The best small forward lines have multiple targets so that when one goes quiet (and they invariably do) others pop up. His record forward has been very good. I’d definitely like to see him up the ground a bit more so we get more of his delivery into F50, but I think that will come.

Keep him forward for me.

We had poor since 50 number and our kpf’s were certainly not being dangerous and thus allowing the opportunities for the smalls.

He didn’t do much but pressure was good.

Thats a ■■■■ avatar JB#10

I assume this a joke, considering every avitar you’ve had is worse

I assume you’ve never gone to highschool.

edit: to make it easier for you http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The%20Circle%20Game

Never heard of it. But thanks :smile:

I assumed they went to one of those posh grammar schools and were playing Soggy Biscuits.

I think he could do well as a forward, but with Begley, Fantasia and Green, Tippa helps the team out more as a rebounding defender.

Our only problem…
We have Kelly and Gleeson back there along with Stanton. Goddard also drops back as well. With Hurley and Hartley as the key position backmen, that leaves one lock down spot left between Dea, Baguley, Brown and Ambrose.
I think Tippa will have second year blues as he tries to find a spot that suits him but by the end of the year, he’ll find his groove in the backline.