#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Definitely the first game he has played forward where I have thought: “maybe he could play here full time.”

The things he can do on the field are things that only probably one other player in the league can do (Cyril).

After he kicked 4 against FC I knew he’d be alright up there

Love him. The opposition are literally scared to go near him when he has the pill, you can’t lay a glove on him

1 Like

You can already see between this bloke, Raz and Green we are going to see acts of forward pressure we have hardly seen up forward for a decade; apart from Kommer’s efforts.

2 Likes

Best game he has played for us. Just farking WOW. How good could this guy be. I know he is not great in the air, but he found space a couple of times in the fwd line, lead to the right spots for an easy mark and kick on goal. Great signs from him, he is learning and improving very quickly as a fwd.

2 Likes

and Davey;)

2 Likes

Walla, Raz, Green and Colyer… there’s no way teams can contain all 4. Our smalls are going to be very dangerous this year.

Agree. Although it’s always hard to say what can change for a player between one week and the next, the obvious difference for Walla yesterday was that Green wasn’t playing.

1 Like

Walla reads the game so well that he’s a must to become our go-to CHF.

Is an upgrade on Davey as Essendon’s leading forward target!

If only one of Joe and TIPPA preferred FF over CHF…

1 Like

He was deadset awesome yesterday, and I’ve been a doubter of him up forward.

Plays ahead of Green every day of the week imo.

3 Likes

His games up forward like yesterday will make his lower impact games like JLT 1 and 2 worthwhile. He will win us one or two games this year from his own boot.

Nope, give us the full Three Mousketeers up forward, thanks. At least one of them will always profit.

9 Likes

The other obvious difference is that Fantasia was playing, and they shut him out pretty much.

You may be able to shut one of them out, but you won’t shut out all of them.

1 Like

Still love @benfti’s OP to start this thread.

Where did the first year of responses go??? I’m hoping my first one was “Well, der…”

EDIT: Forgot many of the posts were imported out of order. If you do the blue-box-scroll you can see the dates of posts.

it was just boot and ben saying,

‘he is way too unfit to make it’
‘he’ll make it’
ad infinitum (1 year)

7 Likes

Bless new Blitz’s working search

11 Likes

I have been big on him playing in defense, but yesterday(one game i know) really made me change my mind on his best position

Thought he was awesome

Anthony
McDonald
TIPUNGWUTI

3 Likes

Played further up the ground yesterday.

Just have to get him more involved. 6 score involvements to half time, wow!

1 Like