#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Plus McGrath and Coner are shaping up to be more than adequate replacements

2 Likes

I think it’s fair to say a lot of people saw him playing in the midfield eventually.
No, they weren’t calling for him to play high half-forward, but that’s not the point.
He played deep forward in the preseason, taking away his run.
It’s just not on to now say, ‘See! This was right all along!’

you’re off the bandwagon.

Coach experiments in the pre season.
Would seem to me to be the ideal time to look at things.
And when the serious stuff starts you actually kick it into gear.

2 Likes

Yeah they did. Didn’t stop the ‘he wasted up forward and should be played back’ calls. I don’t know what you said personally but it was trotted out a lot

I used to spell it with two but the club spells it with one

It is one N, . but 2 O’s.

I have friends from teen days that are Coner’s (still), but Oirish doesn’t seem to be anything like them …

We are a physical side these days and Walla is the sharp edge of the blade on this. The guy seems to get someone every game and you can see it happening way before he gets there. Love, love that feeling of “he’s on here. He’s going to mow this bloke down.” and he does. He makes them look totally hopeless in doing so with perfect tackles too.

I reckon Huron rushed that kick that Leuy kicked a goal from because he saw Walla

4 Likes

Are you sure about this? Raz played just 5 games in 2015 and kicked 3 goals for the season in AFL/VFL combined (12 games). He definitely wasn’t playing as a small forward.

I distinctly remember thinking at the time he showed promise but was way off AFL readiness. Doubt he plays round 1 with no suspensions and we definitely don’t discover his forward line ability as early as we did. He wouldn’t have been in our best 22 players and he would have been held out of the backline (Hibberd still with us remember) and midfield (plenty of options)

Didn’t realise I’d spelt it with an e on that occasion, I’ll blame auto correct, ooops Conor, yes

1 Like

That’s not the way I remember things.

Maybe I’m just remembering the last game against Collingwood.

I though the’d shown glimpses in his limited opportunities all of them off half back and that RS Nom against the Pies topped it off. He may not have played Round 1 2016 without the suspensions but he would’ve forced his way into the side by mid season. Reality is that of all the suspended players we didn’t have anyone in his position to keep him out. You could 100% mount an argument that Walla wouldn’t have played but Raz 100% would’ve IMO.

1 Like

I remember him kicking 2 nice goals against Gold Coast on the run after a couple of bounces at Carrara, so I reckon he had been playing HBF or wing in that game

Cooner?

Quite likely

■■■■■■■’s never kicked 15 goals in the grand final, and I stand by that.

1 Like

Yep.
He didn’t do much (anything) in 2014 but he showed a fair bit in 2015, particularly towards the end of the year.

I didn’t know he barracked for the colliwobbles?

I wont believe he is better than Cyril until Bruce calls him delicious or a real turn on.

1 Like

13 Likes