#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Most over rated player in the AFL.

1 Like

Haha, my phone auto corrects tippa to TIPPA. It did the same for CHAPPY.

Wullas secret is he keeps a bit of deep heat ready on the shorts.

1-Apply to left nut.
2- BANG!!!

1 Like

Well, that’s a paddlin’

8 Likes

Which is kind of what we were talking about. And no, that is still quick.

We are trying to keep a fairy tale alive here thanks.

2 Likes

There aint no fairy tales about rangas.

Only just saw this post, so apologies for going over old ground…

My girls are already members - they’re 8 and 5. They will sporadically sit down and watch the Bombers play - and their favourite players are Hepp and Tippa. Dyson because he has cool hair, and sends them birthday cards, and Tippa - well, because dad said so… :smiley: (I note that they’re the two doing a kids skills clinic in August - clever choice by the club.)

You just can’t underestimate the importance of exciting or interesting players. I know some parents whose kids switched to the Hawks purely because they thought Buddy and Cyril were cool. Then they started winning games. Those kids will grow up and likely become Hawthorn members.

Kids are drawn to two things - success, and exciting players. Kids following the team means $$$ in 15-20 years time. My background? I am an immigrant. I moved to Australia from Scotland at the age of 4, and knew nothing of footy probably until I started school at age 6. I recall one of mum and dad’s friends giving me a Richmond jacket, so I guess I might have barracked for them. Until I went to school and the boys said “Richmond are hopeless, you should go for the Bombers” That was in about 1988… so my first real footy memory was - yeah, the 1990 Grand Final. Fark Collingwood.

But, a few years later - the Baby Bombers came on the scene, so I grew up watching Wanganeen, Hird, Long, Mercuri, Bewick and others all play an exciting type of footy and I really fell in love with the club. So, as soon as I got old enough, and could afford a membership, I signed up - despite living in north east Victoria and going to 1 game a year if I’m lucky.

Exciting players = bums on seats at games = $$$
It’s why nobody barracks for/shows up to watch Norf. The most vanilla team to ever vanilla at the moment. No wonder their supporters don’t go - there’s nobody to get excited about. Ben Cunnington? Mr Excitement. :sleeping:

It’s why we should always take a risk at the draft, especially at the back end, or in the rookie draft. Not every draft pick has to be a 200 gamer, even though the players I idolised did. Even if Tippa only plays for 7-8 years - the supporters he will create for the club will have an impact for decades.

20 Likes

Anyone know why he slips over so much?

Seems to be every game at crucial points too.

3 Likes

He doesn’t understand physics.

Slipungwuti

13 Likes

His feet are so fast he doesn’t give them enough time to touch the ground on the right angle therefore he loses his center of gravity and slips over.

I really wish Sandy Roberts would stop calling him MTW. Those aren’t even his initials. I think he think’s his full name is McDonald Tipping-Woody.

3 Likes

Dunno, but he certainly pronounces it that way

(it was amusing at the start now it’s annoying)

1 Like

On Anzac day a bloke behind me screamed WOODY! every time he looked like going near the ball. I’ll forgive him because the enthusiasm was well placed.

5 Likes

My 5yo daughter knows 2 players, and loves to watch them. Joey and Walla.

2 Likes

I thought it was Sandy that say’s “A” “M” “T”…?? Is that someone else?

Big nose Basil.

Tony Tippa?

Tony McWuti

A
M
T