#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

…like a giant clam!

3 Likes

He’s been everything we wanted from somebody to carry over from Andrew Lovett. And his tackling is almaot better and he’s possibly faster too. If he can get more into the midfield like Lovett was before he lost direction he will be invaluable and will go down as one of our all time best.

2 Likes

I didn’t listen to the podcast but the article numbers place at least one non-forward in between him and the 2/3-as-good next forward.

Does the podcast identify who the non-forward(s) is/are?

TURNOVERS CREATED BY GENERAL FORWARDS

1 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti 65
2 Alex Neal-Bullen 62
3 Jeff Garlett 59
4 Daniel Rioli 53
5 Jason Castagna 52

POINTS FROM TURNOVERS CREATED BY GENERAL FORWARDS

1 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti 93
2 Alex Neal-Bullen 62
3 Jeff Garlett 61
4 Daniel Rioli 49
5 Jason Castagna 49

6 Likes

He only had 1 bad kick against the dogs… across half back kicked it straight to opposition.
He had a hand in alot of goals again too…

Need to get Fanta or green or someone else up into that top 5 or 10.

1 Like

From what I’ve heard of the Tiwi style of footy, there’s not much height but a lot of speed and amazing skills. I wouldn’t be surprised if our academy finds a number of Tippa style players over the years. 1 or 2 short Tiwi boys applying F50 pressure would become a fantastic trademark of the club.

5 Likes

What about the one to Joe in the last quarter where we were coming back hard and Joe had just kicked one and with no pressure on him, Tippa put it straight over Joe’s head and into a Dog’s players lap?

Totally killed momentum that kick.

Saw that and could only think that’s his first miskick in almost 20 rounds of footy where BJ shanks at least two a game to opponents, and Baguely, don’t even get me started on Baguely.

Walla has at least one farked up disposal per game.
He more than makes up for it with other stuff, of course. But he isn’t perfect.

1 Like

Perfect in every way.

It’s his flaws that make him perfect.

7 Likes

I’ve been impressed with his ability to compete in the air. Last year he was barely able to compete, this year he breaks even at worst.

3 Likes

It’s usually a bunch of flyweights and most of the solid guys are fat veterans — he’s a bit of an exception.

It’s fun watching a dozen (young) Michael Longs loping around though.

1 Like

Has hardly slipped over in recent weeks. New boots?

This guy just WOW

3 Likes

Has officially gone past Cyril. Top 3 at the club with Joe and Zach.

1 Like

Superstar.

That’s all that needs to be said. Glad our family all has his number on our jumpers.

Some guy on another footy forum has suggested that tippa isnt liked at the club and implies racist overtones. Some people have too much time on their hands.

“Definitely some issues with AMT and team mates at Essendon. Kicks a massive goal and three guys come to give him reluctant congrats separately. Does a HUGE smother on the kickout. Not one of his team mates gives him anything. Not one.”

2 Likes

Tipppaaaaaa!!!