#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/VFL+2015+Rd+07+Richmond+v+Essendon+i65FtggyENsl.jpg

Getting in early this year, TIPPA will be on an AFL list in 2016

4 Likes
His best game was his first at AFL level, I though he was going to be a jet after that. It's almost like he didn't like the knock he copped in that game and decided to be soft from then on.

It really infuriated me when he wouldn’t take the ownership to kick the goals, especially considering he could slam from 60 on the run if he wanted.

Tippa is everything I hoped Jetta would become and more.

For an 18 year old in his first game to ignore James Hird standing by himself in the goal square, and decide to kick a goal from a difficult spot in the pocket. That’s a shadow of the player he became. Something went wrong, and i think it was all to do with Matthew Knights’ aggressive approach towards players that destroyed Jetta’s confidence in his ability. Sheedy was always about nurturing a players natural instinct for the game. We’ve destroyed that for quite a few players over the last 10 years.

That’s stupidity and clouded judgement, not flair.

The Hird Regime

I always thought that the Hird Regime ( not just himself but Bomber and all development staff) probably coached the flair out of a lot of our players. Defence was king, pressure was king, football skill or skill were too far the list of priorities.

The Hird Regime

Afl.com.au has him as best first year player to date but can't win rising star

Is there a “Best 1st Year Player” Award as well??

If so, that would do, and kinda make the “Rising Star” an also ran.

I think the MVP has the ‘best first year player’

Afl.com.au has him as best first year player to date but can't win rising star

Is there a “Best 1st Year Player” Award as well??

If so, that would do, and kinda make the “Rising Star” an also ran.

Jetta never had the heart or application to make it as an AFL player. Cant blame any of the coaches for ruining him, its on Leroy.

He had plenty of chances under 3 coaches and never really cemented his spot.

Afl.com.au has him as best first year player to date but can’t win rising star

https://youtu.be/OlhkN4Ma3WQ?t=4m4s

Gees that game feels like it was only last year.

Haha true

Was Jetta’s break out game and thought to my self “Yes he’s finally going to make it as a player” but nope.

I thought BJ was absolutely rubbish yesterday, however, he realised early on that tippa was our only weapon and tried to give him the ball where possible. Even when it wasnt on. That is how good Tippa is. He is the most exciting player in the comp. I hope the coaching staff have the brains to get Eades, Longy and Edwards into that team, and let these boys start to create and make things happen. We are not going anywhere with Polkinghorne, Bird, Crowley, and unfortunately McKenna. No better place than next week to do it.

If it is x-factor- make something happen- that you’re after then Eades is genuinely dangerous around the ball, he just needs to get involved more often.

Also, i know Mckenna has had some average games but he is barely 20 and was looking dangerous in the twos so hopefully he can find his feet soon. I still see potential in him.

Yeah I saw enough of Eades in preseason to know there is something special there. With Mckenna, I am a huge fan, but its just not working for him at the moment. He just doesnt look like the same player he was last year, he looks slow, he looks like there is no confidence to take the game on and use his run and aggression.

I thought BJ was absolutely rubbish yesterday, however, he realised early on that tippa was our only weapon and tried to give him the ball where possible. Even when it wasnt on. That is how good Tippa is. He is the most exciting player in the comp. I hope the coaching staff have the brains to get Eades, Longy and Edwards into that team, and let these boys start to create and make things happen. We are not going anywhere with Polkinghorne, Bird, Crowley, and unfortunately McKenna. No better place than next week to do it.

If it is x-factor- make something happen- that you’re after then Eades is genuinely dangerous around the ball, he just needs to get involved more often.

Also, i know Mckenna has had some average games but he is barely 20 and was looking dangerous in the twos so hopefully he can find his feet soon. I still see potential in him.

Could Imagine he was a top up and we lost him to someone else. We would all commit suicide.

how funny is that handpass to Lucas. Who in their right mind would handpass there. LEROY

I'm enjoying the hype around this guy and when it comes off he looks brilliant but I still see a touch of the headless chicken about him in some passages of play from the opposition. Maybe it's because he tries to compete at every scrimmage around him and gets caught out of position.

The only headless chooks that I see when Tippa is involved is the blokes trying to tackle him!

Only took 9 games but yesterday was the first time he was nabbed for holding the ball.
He was caught at the other Docklands game too. Well, not really caught, he fell at a seam in the grass.

Yeah and the guy jumped on his back. Apparently holding the ball overrules anything else, a push in the back, an illegal tackle whatever, holding the ball is king.

Lol. Giving Goddard way too much credit.
He was hot and handed it off to someone hotter and he didn’t care, just as long as he’s not the one who gets caught.
He does it a LOT.

I’m yet to be convinced Goddard has another year left in him.

I thought BJ was absolutely rubbish yesterday, however, he realised early on that tippa was our only weapon and tried to give him the ball where possible. Even when it wasnt on.
That is how good Tippa is. He is the most exciting player in the comp.
I hope the coaching staff have the brains to get Eades, Longy and Edwards into that team, and let these boys start to create and make things happen.
We are not going anywhere with Polkinghorne, Bird, Crowley, and unfortunately McKenna.
No better place than next week to do it.

Lol. Giving Goddard way too much credit.
He was hot and handed it off to someone hotter and he didn’t care, just as long as he’s not the one who gets caught.
He does it a LOT.

My Dad played against BT in a school footy game when he was 15/16. He kicked 10 goals to half time then fkd off and went to a state basketball trial.

I 'tagged' David Wirrpanda in an intra-school game when I was about 15.

I kept him under 50 touches, and he only kicked 8 goals.

I still feel I won the battle.

I know how you feel. I once played on John Pitura, who was a handy player some many many years ago. He played CHF, I was CHB; he kicked 8 and I won the award for our best player for the day.

David Wirrpanda played under Worsfold and now Woosha gets to coach our own version in Walla, 2 amazingly freakish talented players who can do things others simply dream about. Woosha must love coaching when he has players like this.

I’m curious why more people are not drawing this parallel.

I thought the same, David Wirrpanda was a wonderful player to watch play and Tippa is simular. They have magic which very few players are ever gifted with.