#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

last game of the year last year he tore it up.

he has done it a few times before.

2 Likes

I dunno, I reckon you get the opposite problem. You’re pretty much guaranteeing that one of three will have a quiet day.

I put playing 3 genuine small forwards in the same category as playing 3 genuine key forwards, or 3 genuine rucks. It seems like it’d work, but you struggle to find examples where it has

1 Like

Green who?

Where’s wim? I want his review.

Fanta tends to beat guys with a give and go and raw pace.I can’t remember the last time we had someone who just turns guys inside out for fun the way tippa does. He had several outrageous steps and turns throughout the game.

That little combination between he and Fanta in the first where Fanta hit both posts was out of control.

Regardless of what happens on the ladder this year these 2 will get us out of our seats regularly. I remember that night in 09 where we shocked the football world by stitching up the hawks but rioli had a moment where he made houli look like a kindergarten student. It will be nice having someone in red and black that can do that.

Can’t wait.

10 Likes

The difference is with the smalls they are not stuck to one position. You can’t move key forwards, rucks ect all over the ground. At least one of the 3 we have can push up the ground.

2 Likes

You’d like to think so but tippa just seemed to be in no man’s land an awful lot in the first two weeks.

I think I saw Tippa in the guts at stages in the second half yesterday so his pace bringing the ball forward would be electric. And we know Raz can play in the middle or off half back. Certainly a much more appealing versatility than with the talls like WOB said.

1 Like

That is true, you do have more flexibility if it doesn’t work.

But I still think it doesn’t work.

A lot will depend on Laverde too, and if they decide to play Stewart as a third tall / ruck.

It feels so weird discussing which / how many small forwards we should play…

1 Like

Yeah, it feels like yesterday we had dell as our best option…

We never could fit Dell, Jetta and Davey in the one side…

1 Like

That’s because they were all sh*t

13 Likes

You know what? You can go fk yourself.

18 Likes

You’d struggle to find any game where the 6 named forwards all had blinders.

One will always bob up and kick 3+ goals though, and that is more than you could ask for.

A fully functioning forward line is one where you can bank on one tall and one small both kicking 3+ and the best forward lines are the ones where you don’t know which players it’ll be week to week

2 Likes

Davey went ok. The opposition thought so too, that is why they smashed into him so hard and often, keeping him injured, reduced his effectiveness.

6 Likes

If two of the three are dangerous and creating scores and they all apply themselves defensively then I’m not sure it’s a problem.

2 Likes

Yeah. I noticed they had it in for Gumby, also. Kept him injured forever, dabastids.

2 Likes

Actually reminds me a lot of early days Alwyn Davey

One game?
What in the Carlton game failed to convince you.

1 Like

The opposition

4 Likes

I don’t think that’s unfiar