#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Classic!!

Make sure you listen to how he pronounces “Port Adelaide”.

Someone needs to tell him they are infact two separate words…

Can he jump? Don’t think he has the spring to get high enough.
I agree tho re excitement, he is so smooth, fluid, scooping up ball at full speed and kicking on left onto a chest 30 metres away. I love him, and yes he does overrun the ball, maybe going too fast, wanting to be too fast maybe.
Not there yet, but for sure, IMO, our Cyril character, with a bit more grunt without the acrobatics, but great spacial awareness, the ability to seem to move while staying still, making guys around him commit, maybe ancient hunting trick passed in DNA. Lovett had that too, but stayed outside more.

1 Like

He can jump… I recall a vid during the summer of Tippa on the beach doing backward somersaults.

The difference is that they are completely different players and one is 3 years older than the other.
It really seems that Langford has been annointed the new player Essendon supporters need to bag at every opportunity.
I guess at least it gives Stanton a break.

1 Like

According to AFL Player Rankings, Walla has performed only 1 ‘one-percenter’ this year

_Along with the obvious acts such as goals, marks and disposals, we’ve included intercepts, spoils, kicking to a contest, smothers, chasing, corralling and many other ‘one-percenters’ - along with where and when they occurred - to paint a complete picture of ever player’s impact on a game.

Living in Trumps universe of alternative facts.

2 Likes

Just wondering, a 1%er is one one-hundredth of what exactly?

2 Likes

and yet there’s another stat floating about where he leads the league in forward pressure acts. Something doesn’t add up

2 Likes

Isn’t the idea that it’s one of 100 small efforts that add up to one big one?

So 100 smothers equates to one something?

100 efforts = 1 panic

2 Likes

things you pick up at the game:
last qtr vs Hawthorn, he pressured two defenders on the last line defence into shanking kicks - the 2nd one Hepp marked and goaled. In both instances he knocked the defender hard (after the kick) - which would likely have a lasting effect for the next time they’re about to kick the ball… huge impact there.
I recall Hodge bumping someone in similar fashion next to the boundary once early in a GF and the commentators going on about how it both sets an example internally and also instills fear in the opp’s mind of next time.
If that aint a 1%…
“lies, damn lies, and statistics…”

3 Likes

I actually agree that the pressure that Walla puts on defenders which results in us getting goals, aren’t 1% ers, I think they should be credited as goal assists.

It is more than conceivable that Walla could create 5 goals for other players through his pressure acts, any player who effectively creates 5 goals in a game, and also stops the forward line leaking the ball and allowing the opposition to score, I think justifies a place in team on that alone, and Walla brings so much more than that.

It is an insult to his play to try to work out if they should call his acts 1% ers.

I’ve said it before, Walla makes a joke of the stats, he transcends them.

4 Likes

Will rip ■■■■ Carlton a new one again.

Probably a good thing. We don’t want him carrying on like some thug Bikie wannabe.

Leave that ■■■■ for Dusty Martin…

Absolutely, all that AFL champion data is a load of crap, there are many examples including the one you just stated that show that is completely useless. There is just to much to account for to try and award points for individual acts and the impact it has on the game.

1 Like

They’re not a load of crap. But like any stats, they need to be taken in context and also used as only part of the picture

1 Like

catchy

What percentage should we take as part of the picture?

Reckon this guys will tear it up in the wet conditions today.