#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Tippa was huge. and the amount of shanked/short kicks by opp players because of his pressure, besides the game-high 7 tackles)… when he builds a tank… boy oh boy wowee

His impact on games is amazing.

We are witnessing the early stages of a player that could become one of the best players to pull on the red and black.

1 Like

It might not quite be Zaka 09 level, but that run down is going to live in my memory for a long, long time.

He used to remind me of Wirrpanda. I think he might be a bit more spectacular than Wirrpanda though.

He’s a mixture of Lovett’s running down power, Byron Pickett hardness and Is liked as much as Bob Murphy is.

What a player.

12 Likes

Ten times more consistent today than his last two IMHO. Surprised how poorly his stats sheet read, really good performance.

2 Likes

Anyone in business and football will tell you that the person that takes on the most makes the most mistakes. He makes up for it with his tackling, his 1%'ers and his continual pressure acts. I’ve said it before , he frightens the merde out of his opponents. He is in almost half our goal involvements. Cannot believe his skills and the amount of potential.

2 Likes

He is seriously like a whispering death when he chases down players. It’s like they have no idea that he’s in pursuit until he smashes them.

9 Likes

I love you TippaWalla

12 Likes

Knows how to find his mates in the forward line too.

The ball heard footsteps and refused to bounce.

5 Likes

gotta disagree. they often know he’s coming as they hear the crowd’s anticipation. HOwever, they’ll back their judgement which in most cases would be right in saying “I’ve got enough time because I was in the free just 2 secs ago” - not in Tippa’s case…

4 Likes

After the tackle there was the great shot with him clearly thinking “but I was clear”…

3 Likes

Seems to run out games pretty well already I’d have thought.

1 Like

gets things happening. a few cleaner touches here or there and his game would be next level.

Really influenced the game today. I have not posted in this thread often as I think there has been too much over the top love. However, his game today was seriously influential and I think we would have lost without him. The opposition seriously ■■■■ themselves when he is near the ball. Fantastic game Tippa!

2 Likes

true, but the fitter he gets - the more play he’ll get involved in and the less turnovers he’ll have. body and mind will be fresher.
can you imagine how damaging he’d be with everything he does + 10 more damaging touches.

1 Like

Sometimes I think the crowd cost him runs downs as the buzz lifts and lifts to a roar as he gets closer and closer. The guy with the ball must be thinking ■■■■ he is coming…

5 Likes

Absolute quality.
Take the game on at all times.
And giving a mouthful to Sidebum…

1 Like

Fair call I guess, but better efficiency (fewer turnovers) might just come with experience. If he could get to significantly more contests would be phenomenal.