#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Remember pre season when he had two quiet games and blitz blew all it’s panic dollars demanding he go back?

4 Likes

Are you saying Blitz is neurotic and bipolar?
Next thing you’ll tell me that water is wet

1 Like

I like his champagne-like pose of his balancing hand…could be a hand model too.

3 Likes

How about this guy? Has he gone to another level or is it just that the top end of his game is shining every game now? You wouldn’t hope to ask for more but I think he has more and I think we need to get used to Walla doing his hard work and making great things happen for a fair while from here on in. Absolutely has the world at his feet. I understand he’s a pretty humble guy but he’s going to have to wear the club champion badge at some stage and I hope it’s comfortable. Everyone likes or loves him. His electricity on the ground is impossible to ignore. Last round against Geelong when the players were heading into the rooms at the end you could hear all the kids screaming “Tippa”. That’s not just good for him. That stuff is priceless for the club. Books will be written about him at some stage. The hook will be his journey but the reason will be because he is a very talented and very professional young man who seems to keep pushing higher and higher into his game. Right now, we are so much a better side with him in it and I can’t imagine us doing what we do without him.

21 Likes

"He has to lay it off to the side here " Derm as tippa lines up at 60

11 Likes

How quickly this guy has gone from:

• He could make an impact at AFL, we should draft him.
    To:
  • He’s certainly good enough to hold his spot
    To:
  • He’s probably good enough to hold his spot when the suspended players return.
    To:
  • He’s genuinely one of our best and most important players.

Is quite extraordinary. He’s got quite a few gears left too, me thinks.

What a gun.

24 Likes

“But,but,but he’s not fit”
“But,but,but he doesn’t have the tank to play AFL”

lol all the guy needed was a chance to realise his dream and he has run away with it.

2 Likes

I told youse all.

18 Likes

I’m genuinely surprised how good he’s been this year. I thought he was best 22, and I knew he’d give some solid output with defensive pressure, nice foot skills and the odd goal but I didn’t think he’d be this good this year! Some of his stuff in the midfield forward of centre is team-changing and is just so dynamic and damaging. So happy to watch our own Wirripunda/Dean Rioli/Byron Pickett/Aaron Davey/Tipungwuti hybrid killing it!

Absolutely has a couple of things left to perfect in his game.

He can still spend it before he gets complete control of it.
He still occasionally makes a poor disposal decision when he is in more space than he realises.
He can still improve his goal kicking to ensure that he just settles and takes the shot, and that he puts it through the middle.
He can continue to grow and develop his clearance work.

I look at all those things and just know that he’ll have them sorted by the start of next year, Still only 24 years old.

Is he already the best defensive forward in the comp? Is he already one of the most marketable players in the comp? And perhaps there will come a time when it is worth just pondering, can he become the best player in the comp?

1 Like

Yep. Still so much upside in the kid.
Sometimes goes to ground when he’s on the verge of breaking away from a contest or opponent.
Overhead marking can improve.
The clearance stuff is the big one for mine though. He’s literally just started going into centre bounces or coming off the back of the square. His pace and pressure are gonna be such a weapon at stoppages. And the beauty of our forward set up with the 3 smalls all contributing means we can at any stage of the game send one or both of Walla and Fantasia into the centre square or stoppage for an immediate and decisive impact.

2 Likes

Walla bump!

16 Likes

Should’ve been a free kick against Parish from that angle…

Good. Eat a ■■■■ Eagles you weak ■■■■■!
:laughing:

Walla run down gif. Doesn’t matter what format it comes in, they all deliver!!

6 Likes

Parish was collateral damage

2 Likes

Even better is that Parish got the ball, handballed it to Raz running past who then kicked a great goal.

4 Likes

If I were to make a significant change in the rules, it would be that a player has to offend to be penalised. He can only be penalised for his own actions, rather than his opponent’s. Parish did nothing wrong. His opponent was bumped into him.

And there’d be no tiggy ruck infringements, particularly when the player getting the free has crossed the centre line. Only free kicks if you’re whacked across the head or your opponent pushes or ragdolls you out of the way.

Sliding rule - gone, unless you actually do slide into your opponent.

7 Likes

I think Derm is such a smart guy and I hang on his every word. He is a God and Essendon should have fell down in worship when he graced them with his holy presence at the 3 quarter time huddle all those years ago.

3 Likes

can someone gif the long bomb goal?