#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

This guy has all the skill and talent of Dean rioli and he could play anywhere and impact, but there is just something missing, I’m not sure what it is.

: p

This guy has all the skill and talent of Dean rioli and he could play anywhere and impact, but there is just something missing, I'm not sure what it is.

Turtle meat?

The team will only benefit from having him train to be a mid. I’d imagine it would only be stints and not a full time mid role.
With his improved fitness and potentially have a run in the midfield from time to time, this would make him an even more difficult match up when playing up forward.

The guys a star! I wish we could clone him and play him in multiple positions across the ground!

He made an impact on VFL finals 2015 when given a run through the middle. As his fitness improve he’ll be a better and better option there.

Tippa on the end of Jobe’s clearances? Yes please.

This guy has all the skill and talent of Dean rioli and he could play anywhere and impact, but there is just something missing, I'm not sure what it is.

Lloyd.

The team will only benefit from having him train to be a mid. I'd imagine it would only be stints and not a full time mid role. With his improved fitness and potentially have a run in the midfield from time to time, this would make him an even more difficult match up when playing up forward.

The guys a star! I wish we could clone him and play him in multiple positions across the ground!

Imagine what it would be like to have a team composed entirely of 7 x Zach Merretts, 4 x Tippas, 4 x Hurleys, 2 x Hookers, 4 x Heppells and one Loonyburger.

B: Hurley Hooker Zerrett

HB: Tippa Hurley Heppell

C: Zerrett Heppell Tippa

R: Loony Heppell Zerrett

HF: Tippa Hurley Zerrett

F: Zerrett Hooker Tippa

Int: Hurley Zerrett Zerrett Heppell

The fwds all push up the ground anyway so he’ll be in midfield a lot of the time.

You can see in the match play vids a lot of his snippets are up around wing. Burnt Bags on the wing. Recovered ball off Smack even a little behind centre.

Libba, Daniel, Hunter, Dahlhouse, Picken = Mosquito fleet, Pretty ■■■■■■ effective. Complimented by Bont and Macrae as the tall mids.

And some people thought this guy wouldn’t make at AFL level lol.

Glad he’s ours would have burnt me seeing another club take a punt on him right from under our noses.

The team will only benefit from having him train to be a mid. I'd imagine it would only be stints and not a full time mid role. With his improved fitness and potentially have a run in the midfield from time to time, this would make him an even more difficult match up when playing up forward.

Imagine what it would be like to have a team composed entirely of 7 x Zach Merretts, 4 x Tippas, 4 x Hurleys, 2 x Hookers, 4 x Heppells and one Loonyburger.

B: Hurley Hooker Zerrett

HB: Tippa Hurley Heppell

C: Zerrett Heppell Tippa

R: Loony Heppell Zerrett

HF: Tippa Hurley Zerrett

F: Zerrett Hooker Tippa

Int: Hurley Zerrett Zerrett Heppell

I like it! The Watson's are stiff to miss out...
And some people thought this guy wouldn't make at AFL level lol.

Glad he’s ours would have burnt me seeing another club take a punt on him right from under our noses.

Pretty sure that was only boot

This is where our Tiwi next gen academy (assuming we give a shit about it) will come into play. It’s a never ending pipeline of low hanging fruit when it comes to talent. Just needs a little nurturing.

This is where our Tiwi next gen academy (assuming we give a shit about it) will come into play. It’s a never ending pipeline of low hanging fruit when it comes to talent. Just needs a little nurturing.

But not too much, we don’t want these kids getting picked up in the draft. Just good enough to make the list and then to explode into the scene like tippa.

But not too much, we don’t want these kids getting picked up in the draft. Just good enough to make the list and then to explode into the scene like tippa.

And that is the problem with these academies. You spend all your time and money developing these kids and then someone else swoops in and takes them. It’s a crap system. And the more remote your area is (and ours couldn’t get more remote) the worse the deal is. That being said, I hope we get a few gems out of there.

First time I heard this from any of the coaches; Bluey wants to move Tippa into the midfield. Yeh ! Give it a go. The guy is already magic and he is getting better, looking at some of the pre-season video

Its a no brainer . Rather than being stuck in the forward line, it allows him to take the ball off half back and run with it, he would rarely be exposed by tall opposition players close to the opponents goal. Can drift forward and kick goals, can run to the edge of the centre square and hit up forwards lace out until the early morn.

How good would that be if it works out ?

Only problem I have with this is that it would give us a next gen midfield of Parish, Zach, Walla, McGrath and The Langford. All bar one are dwarves in AFL terms. And if the new type mid is the Bont/Cripps type, then the seven dwarves model is probably not the best option.

This is true. I know its been over 90 years since a mosquito fleet carried a team to back to back premierships, so that time has probably passed.
We just have to hope one of Mutch/Begley ( 187-188 medium size) and belatedly maybe Lav (191) can develop, or we might just become a “go to” club again in the trade period. ( Fyfe?)

Carlton had a mosquito fleet in the 70’s and 80’s.

They were just annoying insects hanging around a "Richard the third" (Fitzpatrick).

And that is the problem with these academies. You spend all your time and money developing these kids and then someone else swoops in and takes them. It’s a crap system. And the more remote your area is (and ours couldn’t get more remote) the worse the deal is. That being said, I hope we get a few gems out of there.

Aren’t academy players bid on?
So if someone takes him early we match it.

It’s about as fair as can possibly be made.

The way I see it, that’s where the local of ours becomes a bonus, these kids get very little exposure aside from the carnival. It ‘should’ be pretty easy to keep guys under the radar

No, you’re confusing the indigenous/multicultural academies (like our tiwi academy) with the much more generous academies that the expansion state clubs get.

We have no right to match a bid on one of our academy kids. All we can do is rookie b list players from our academy, once the draft is done and assuming those players were overlooked. Same way we signed mcneice under last year.

So any kid who looks like being a genuinely good prospect really on will get drafted by whoever decides to call his name out & there’s nothing we can do about it.

No, you're confusing the indigenous/multicultural academies (like our tiwi academy) with the much more generous academies that the expansion state clubs get.

We have no right to match a bid on one of our academy kids. All we can do is rookie b list players from our academy, once the draft is done and assuming those players were overlooked. Same way we signed mcneice under last year.

So any kid who looks like being a genuinely good prospect really on will get drafted by whoever decides to call his name out & there’s nothing we can do about it.

Isn’t that just the interim rules that applied this year to every bob & joe who got nominated? I believe when the “full” academies take effect we get the full matching ability and 20% discount of the northern clubs.

This year was just an interim “special” rule because the academies are still a little way off. That’s why everyone who matched the criteria could be nominated. Under the main ones they’ll have to come from particular areas (in our case Tiwi Islands), we’ll have to show they’ve been involved with the club and the academy for a certain number of years, and (stupidity of stupidity) can’t be regular TAC players (I think the limit is 10 games? Of course, not sure if APS counts, so could still go to a private school and not play regular TAC). Whereas this year they just had to have the right background, and of course be so poor nobody wanted to draft or rookie them.

First time I heard this from any of the coaches; Bluey wants to move Tippa into the midfield. Yeh ! Give it a go. The guy is already magic and he is getting better, looking at some of the pre-season video

Its a no brainer . Rather than being stuck in the forward line, it allows him to take the ball off half back and run with it, he would rarely be exposed by tall opposition players close to the opponents goal. Can drift forward and kick goals, can run to the edge of the centre square and hit up forwards lace out until the early morn.

How good would that be if it works out ?

Only problem I have with this is that it would give us a next gen midfield of Parish, Zach, Walla, McGrath and The Langford. All bar one are dwarves in AFL terms. And if the new type mid is the Bont/Cripps type, then the seven dwarves model is probably not the best option.

Sounds like you think we should have went McC over McG.