#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Talking raw numbers...

2016 averages
14.9 disposals, 4.2 marks, 3.2 tackles
8 goals total from 21 games.

What do people think are some realistic progressional targets for him in 2017?

Depends where he plays.
If he stays forward, and has Raz and Green for company, I’d be happy with those kicks, marks and tackles again, and a goal count somewhere around 25 - 30.

I think maintaining the disposals will be hardest given he probably won’t be getting the same number of handball receives in the forward line as the half back line. But improvements in stamina and experience could outweigh that. Same with marks really, won’t be on the end of too many untesteted switches. I think he will definitely get more tackles and obviously goals.

15 disposals, 4 marks, 5 tackles and anything more than 30 goals would be a fantastic season. But really that’s what I’m expecting from him.

Talking raw numbers...

2016 averages

Depends where he plays.
If he stays forward, and has Raz and Green for company, I’d be happy with those kicks, marks and tackles again, and a goal count somewhere around 25 - 30.

Id also be monitoring heavily on goal assists. He is so creative that the output of our other forwards should lift with his pace and skills around.

The team will only benefit from having him train to be a mid. I'd imagine it would only be stints and not a full time mid role. With his improved fitness and potentially have a run in the midfield from time to time, this would make him an even more difficult match up when playing up forward.

The guys a star! I wish we could clone him and play him in multiple positions across the ground!

This is where our Tiwi next gen academy (assuming we give a shit about it) will come into play. It’s a never ending pipeline of low hanging fruit when it comes to talent. Just needs a little nurturing.

But not too much, we don’t want these kids getting picked up in the draft. Just good enough to make the list and then to explode into the scene like tippa.

And that is the problem with these academies. You spend all your time and money developing these kids and then someone else swoops in and takes them. It’s a crap system. And the more remote your area is (and ours couldn’t get more remote) the worse the deal is. That being said, I hope we get a few gems out of there.

The way I see it, that’s where the local of ours becomes a bonus, these kids get very little exposure aside from the carnival. It ‘should’ be pretty easy to keep guys under the radar

I’m not sure what Courtney Dempsey is upto post-football. It would great to have him head the Tiwi academy under the guidance of Michael Long.

Courtney is playing footy in Melbourne and is originally from Queensland not the Tiwi Islands

Courtney is playing footy in Melbourne and is originally from Queensland not the Tiwi Islands

You need to be from the Tiwi islands to be in charge of an academy?

Talking raw numbers...

2016 averages

Goals
15+ avg disposal count (will be harder as a forward)
3+ avg tackle count, needs to harass in our forward 50.
26+ goals needs to kick a goal a game.
Improve fitness so can spend some time in the midfield as well.

The team will only benefit from having him train to be a mid. I'd imagine it would only be stints and not a full time mid role. With his improved fitness and potentially have a run in the midfield from time to time, this would make him an even more difficult match up when playing up forward.

The guys a star! I wish we could clone him and play him in multiple positions across the ground!

This is where our Tiwi next gen academy (assuming we give a shit about it) will come into play. It’s a never ending pipeline of low hanging fruit when it comes to talent. Just needs a little nurturing.

But not too much, we don’t want these kids getting picked up in the draft. Just good enough to make the list and then to explode into the scene like tippa.

And that is the problem with these academies. You spend all your time and money developing these kids and then someone else swoops in and takes them. It’s a crap system. And the more remote your area is (and ours couldn’t get more remote) the worse the deal is. That being said, I hope we get a few gems out of there.

The way I see it, that’s where the local of ours becomes a bonus, these kids get very little exposure aside from the carnival. It ‘should’ be pretty easy to keep guys under the radar

I’m not sure what Courtney Dempsey is upto post-football. It would great to have him head the Tiwi academy under the guidance of Michael Long.

playing for Greenvale in EDFL. coached by chappy.

Talking raw numbers...

2016 averages

Nothing less than the Brownlow, Coleman and Norm Smith medals

I love how much he loves this club. Even if he did barrack for farkcarlton when he was little.

I love how much he loves this club. Even if he did barrack for farkcarlton when he was little.

We all make mistakes

Thats a ■■■■ avatar JB#10

Barely got rookied.

According to Jackets Hepp-A was stiff not to be rookied this year ( apparently they ran out of spots ), and Nash Holmes showed he could mix it with the big bodies, chiming in with a goal… Que sera.

Barely got rookied.
According to Jackets Hepp-A was stiff not to be rookied this year ( apparently they ran out of spots ), and Nash Holmes showed he could mix it with the big bodies, chiming in with a goal.. Que sera.
One VFL back pocket per year.

I assume this a joke, considering every avitar you’ve had is worse

I assume you’ve never gone to highschool.

edit: to make it easier for you http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The%20Circle%20Game

I owe you a punch

Nah I was scrolling through my phone and couldnt find a pic that didn’t get so pixelated, had this on my gallery for some weird reason ha.

edit: to make it easier for you http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The%20Circle%20Game

Still don’t see the problem. So it’s some silly kids game. Why the angst?

Never heard of it. But thanks :smile:

Lol, think he was actually playing the game, no anger. I get a defensive punch in.

Whatever you do don’t scroll down for the “other” version of that game. :s