#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Tippa-fied?

Apparently opposition coaches are teaching their players that once they get the ball they have to say ā€œAnthony McDonald Tipunqwutiā€ in their mind. If they havenā€™t disposed of the ball by then, then they are called for holding the ball.

17 Likes

If anyone has access to the Coodabeens from this morning the new McDonald-Tippawutti song was a classic.

2 Likes

I would love to see him be more confident and accurate around goal, he is often reluctant to have a shot. He certainly does create for others, but the next step in his development is to do some damage in front of goal. He is currently kicking at 40% accuracy.

1 Like

For Walla it really is just practice and instruction.

Iā€™m just pleased he seems to be keeping his feet more this year.

WHERE IS MY SELWOOD TACKLE GIF?

1 Like

No idea, but the Dangerfield bump is gold . Especially cause the prick is a protected species.

edit: Since when was p r i c k a swear word

5 Likes

Ummmm,ā€¦ I give up. Where?

12 Likes

10 Likes

Watching Walla mow somebody down is as close to a blood sport as you can get in footy these days! You can see it happening 2-3 seconds out and then BANG! Goodnight! More than that, heā€™s now putting score on the board and getting his 2-3 goals on a regular basis.

7 Likes

Watching that, it kind of looks like normal speed for Selwood and whoever is next to walla when he takes off (Goddard?). But Walla is in Benny Hill sped-up fast forward mode! While Selwood does have to bend and pick up, and so understandably is a bit slower, count the steps. Selwood takes 6 in the time Walla takesā€¦(not kidding) 12!!

Needs a YouTube of multiple chase-downs with that Benny Hill music, I reckon.

4 Likes

He is the most exciting player in the league.

TIPPY!

Instaban

2 Likes

I listened to his interview after the game on Saturday night. The interviewer made comment on how the crowd all scream with excitement when he gets the ball. He said that it scares him because he thinks that heā€™s about to get tackled.

27 Likes

Stop doing it people, all of you, you know who you are?!!!

6 Likes

So do you think maybe he would have been better off playing for north?
The sound of all three members screaming at once would be nowhere near as frightening.

11 Likes

What ever we are paying Tippa its not enough.
Wouldnt trade him to the Hawks for Cyril.
He is Davey esque with tackles, but gives better delivery to the forwardline, and has more ticks/footy smarts IMO. Plus is more solid not sure if taller, but can have a physical presence.
Have been impressed with his stoppage work. If he can go into the middle and win a stoppage then it will improve our slower midfield group.

2 Likes

And his second, third and fourth efforts are amazing. He is never beaten.

1 Like

Selwood had enough time to kick the ball, but not enough time to choose the right option and then kick to it. While he was deciding, Tippa was using his great closing speed to deny him the chance to make the decision.

1 Like