#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

jacked from reddit

3 Likes

What a barstad it didnā€™t stick.

Would have been spoken about forever. Moorcroftesque.

1 Like

For such a little guy he sure knows how to use his body to full effect in a contest. Consistently turns seemingly unwinable contests into his advantage with clever use of his body. Itā€™s just one of his superpowers.

1 Like

9 Likes

This was one of Dean Rioliā€™s great strengths, he would just twiddle his hips or shove them off right before the ball hit the contest and his opponent would be just gone, kind of like if you watch Tippaā€™s first goal, he just uses pure strength to throw the Port opponent who if you watch him, he flies into another opponent and Tippa strolls in for a goal

That was insane talent and strength and awareness, definitely knows how to use his strength over his height to keep the other player off the drop

Imagine if he took that mark

Green still holds the title of Best High Mark.

(though TIPPA took four marks higher than that Best High Mark last night.)

Would have been a contender for MOTY but it wasnā€™t in the same level as Moorcrofts.

1 Like

Held it as long as Ablettā€¦

7 Likes

So can we be expecting a highlight real of things tippa almost did on the awful website thenā€¦

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s that or his brain going too fast for his legs or vica versa. I did see Hurley slip and lose a mark contest right in front of me so wonder if the surface is dodgy.
I played golf yesterday and heard 3 different groups talk about him in jealous tones.
I thought his 3 year extension was too much but Iā€™m now thinking it might be a bargain.

1 Like

I was listening to SEN and one of the commentators made a great point.

As adults we look at all the little nuances of the game, respect courageousnes, expect players to be defensive footballers, and keep team structure.

Kids on the other hand want excitement, impossible goals, big high flying marks, run down tacklesā€¦

Garuntee that there are kids in the play ground all around Australia pretending they are Tippungwuti, Fantasia and Daniher. In terms of appealing to the next generation, we have the players to bring kids back to supporting the club.

25 Likes

BomberTV intro knows this!

4 Likes

My 4 year old nephew decided he likes the dogs because they won the flag. Then my sister in law tried to convert him to the pies by explaining theyā€™d won more flags, so I told him weā€™d won the most. He now sings the team song while heā€™s playing with duplo. Kids are mercenaries.

11 Likes

Booooo!

Is his name Paddy?

In the post-match interview, Cameron Ling called him 'Tony". Is that the first time anyone in the media has called him that?

Needs to wear boots with longer stops, as heā€™s been slipping over a lot lately.

Excitement machine.

Thought last week, .ā€œThereā€™s a guy that could use a pair of the old Grass Catsā€ with the long thin side stops (cleats?) on the edges.

Not sure if they still make them??

Everything is Better With Titanicā€¦itā€™s a Facebook group and Walla is providing them with plenty of content this year.

I think they went out with the ankle high Ron Barrassi boots BSD. Sorry to let you know this information.

2 Likes

I thought this at the game, but watching the replay there was a dodgy bit of turf where Hebba changed direction. Heā€™s too fast for the grass even!

Heh heh,ā€¦ ā€œWalla - Too Fast For Grassā€

1 Like