#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

He gets out marked by his opponent 90% of the time.

I get the feeling a lot of Tippas mistakes come out of self doubt. I remember at the start of the year he would always try and pass the ball on if he had it near the 50 line but now heā€™s much more confident to go for goal. Idk probably just talking out my ā– ā– ā– 

Excellent idea!

7 Likes

DID THEY ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  LISTENā€¦NO!

1 Like

The end of the season came at the right time for Tippa tbh another pre season under his belt and heā€™ll be even better next year.

Bad day not to turn up. Unfortunately could not get into the game at all. Hoping Tippa has another gear to find when things arenā€™t going his way.
Has been fantastic to watch all year.

I think the tactic early in the game was to use Tippa as a lead up forward and rely on his pace to give hime the advantage. The problem was a) the Swans seemed onto it and stood in his path and b) Bombers couldnā€™t hit the side of a barn with their disposals.

For some reason the stars didnā€™t align for Tippa yesterday. Not only in terms of his own performance, but the quality of supply and not to mention a couple of really bad bounces on at least two occasions when he was on the wing.

I felt he tired as the year went on, coupled with the fact that teams were at pains to negate his influence.Hopefully another preseason under his belt will do the trick.

Heā€™s got a habit of going MIA for games, completely. Heā€™s either on fire, or invisible. Needs to sort that out

7 Likes

Itā€™s a product of being a small forwards - Betts goes missing in 4 or 5 games a year - Itā€™s a tough role and some fail to realise this fact.

2 Likes

Had a quiet game on ANZAC Day from memory. Do you think itā€™s cos of the big stage? Or are our opponents all over him for the occasion?

We could also get better at trying to work him into the game when he is being held. Try and get him up behind the ball as spare for a stint, stick him on the wing with instructions to run around the back for handballs, get him into the centre square. At the moment we try one of those things when the team is struggling as a whole.

3 Likes

I reckon he carried an injury of sorts through the back half of the year.

Just wasnā€™t moving the same.

3 Likes

Not just when he is being held.

There are times where the pressure is up and the team just donā€™t have the footskills to get from arc to arc, yet we do nothing to try and get him involved.

There has to be a plan B to get players like him and Raz involved when plan A gets shut down.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree.

It funny to watch him off the ball, because sometimes he looks like heā€™s all stiff and barely moving ā€¦ and then suddenly he presses the ā€œboost button,ā€ and everyone else looks like they are in slow motion as he does a run-down tackle.

1 Like

Reminds me of Leon Davis on the big stage right now.

1 Like

get a fkg grip.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a fkg observation.

And a ā– ā– ā– ā–  one.

Anyone who is making judgements about our outside running players after that game is not thinking straight.

How on earth were our outside players or fwds able to make any sort of impact in that game!

1 Like