#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

That kick from Parish at 2.00

3 Likes

Agree. That kick from Darcy is pretty close to my highlight of the season, never get sick of watching it.

It was even more impressive watching him execute it live.

Itā€™s exciting to see the club starting to develop a midfield with young guns that can use the ball cleanly by foot.

1 Like

That kick from Conor to parish

4 Likes

TIPPA is already such a fan favourite. Great highlights. Canā€™t wait for footy to be back

With that Parish kick you see the benefit of him being placed into an outside mid role to learn, able to push into space to provide options. Then magnificent centering ball.

1 Like

Watching all the highlights from some of the wins last year on the Essendon website, you really see how important this guy is to the team.

He was everywhere in all of the videos and when he is on, it is no surprise that we bury teams because he is just that type of player.

He has that ability that only very few players have had over the past couple of decades IMO Cyril, Buddy, Voss, Hird, Swan, Ablett, Dangerfield etc all players who can/could win a game by themselves through moments of brilliance.

This guy has that ability, I havenā€™t seen a more clean and skilled player pull on the red and black in my lifetime IMO.

2 Likes

You must have missed Ty Zantuck.

He was amazing <ā€¦>

1 Like

Another 6 years of Walla brilliance before he turns 30 and whoā€™s to say he canā€™t play for another 4 (at least) after that. As previously stated, heā€™s a match winner and when on Essendon usually win. Lots of talent on the list atm. Exciting times ahead.

4 Likes

The highlights from the geelong game up on btv ATM is the walla show

Parish had always done it. A brief stint as a hff didnā€™t do ā– ā– ā– ā– .

1 Like

Iā€™m not religious but Tippa is almost like a gift from the godsā€¦ Brings people to the footy. To think that that it was only a couple of seasons ago that we were screaming out for small forwards! In Tippa and Fantasia we now have a lethal combo!

2 Likes

Just needed to hold that grab against Port(?) wouldve beaten JD for MOTY

1 Like

But would it have been good enough to stop Howeā€™s tears?

2 Likes

In July 2015, Benfti said "Getting in early this year, TIPPA will be on an AFL list in 2016"

Its like we had a Rembrandt hidden away in the attic, now its on the wall and we love what we see.

9 Likes

As someone who studied art history I like the analogy

2 Likes

Did you ever watch Mark Mercuri or Dean Rioli?

Also, just to be contrarian, Orazio has him covered. RAZ is the real silkā€¦

Love Walla though.

3 Likes

Must always share this videoā€¦ Justin Murphy bombs it in, Cupido gets the free kick and chips it to Zantuck who goes back and bangā€¦

3 Likes

Yep, Dean Rioli is the most skilled I have seen.

I donā€™t think much separates Raz and Walla though.

Play a similar position but go about it differently. Canā€™t afford to lose either player.

2 Likes

I think Raz is the better player. And when I say that, I think he can be all-australian. Very good player.

He will never surpass Walla as a crowd favourite though.

1 Like

I agree with you that Raz would be more a chance of AA. That to me doesnā€™t say much though because those types of individual awards usually reward attacking players like Raz than defensive ones like Walla.

For mine I think we would struggle more so without Wallas defensive ability than Razā€™s creativity.

Walla kicks goals but also brings teammates into the game.

We got both though so doesnā€™t really matter.

My God, did you have to. :slight_smile:

5 Likes