Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

He is so frustrating. This is what he is capable of and should do more than once every season

5 Likes

Will get the chance to back it up next week.

1 Like

It seems he must have benefited from some extra coaching recently as he was way cleaner at the ruck contest and so didnā€™t give away the silly free kicks like he has done in the past.

3 Likes

So good tonight. SO good.

4 Likes

An Enigma, played really well today.

RESPECT earned

3 Likes

I watched him preparing for the centre bounces with my binoculars. The look of concentration, and determination on his face was amazing, and his performance was epic tbh. Not the least of it was he sustained his level of intensity through the whole game.

6 Likes

Was very very good, and like you said was able to sustain it for long periods. Won a lot of taps to our advantage too, he had a huge role to play and come through with flying colours.

2 Likes

After the game against richmond last season i said he should never play for the club again. So so so happy to be proven wrong. Was simply amazing tonight.

Definitely doesnā€™t get dropped for Bell next week based off that performance.

If he produces that type of performance every nightā€¦ Look out.

There are some very good, very big ruckmen in the competition. The Gawns, Goldsteins, and Sandilands. He will probably have trouble when he has to oppose those guys, in fact Leui and TBell will have trouble with them as well.

He played like a man possessed. Iā€™ve never seen him with so much aggression and he looked like he had a point to prove, and did just that.

3 Likes

I think his biggest weakness as a ruckman to date is when he does contest a throw in or ball up around the ground where itā€™s more of a wrestle he always gives away a large amount of free kicks. He didnā€™t do that today which was a big difference.

His tapwork when he does get hands to the balk is actually really good. Will be interesting to see how he goes against the A grade ruckmen

BIG BOY MCEVOY

Iā€™m Shauny.

Shauny,Shauny,Shauny.

1 Like

Most important player on the ground for me. Hep, Zac and Fanta were better but he played his best game for the club last night, maybe not in stats but in importance. It was the one area of the ground the Hawks could have really exploited and hurt us. He was huge for us. Allowed players like Hep and Zac to play the games they did.

5 Likes

Was great last night - good on him.

If only he was consistent and a bit taller. Unfortunately for mine, heā€™ll struggle against a genuinely decent ruck. Looking forward to getting Belly and Leuenberger back, but hope he can continue on like last night.

1 Like

Heā€™s shown lots of flashes.

Iā€™d keep Bellchambers in the reserves and give McKernan until Anzac Day to prove that he is capable of playing consistently across a month of footy. If he falls back to his historical trend, then we turn to Bellchambers as by then he should have caught up with match fitness

As far as Iā€™m concerned, itā€™s McKernanā€™s spot to lose and for Looney and Bellchambers to win back. Not the other way around.

8 Likes

Going to bring down the Southern Stand when he dobs one like last night on ANZAC Day

4 Likes