Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

I do enjoy HAP’s contributions, even if he never agrees with me, and therefore is always wrong.

7 Likes

There’s a few Looney “_Bell_smackers” on blitz, … a few too many.

2 Likes

Leuny’s got the athletic ability of a newborn giraffe.

Was he ever tried at CHB at Adelaide?

He is strong, can run and follow, scrappy around the contest, good kick and has a leap to contest the marking.

its strange isn’t he? quite good at wrestling for a mark, but toss the ball up and he fills the dacks.

Leuey panics and fumbles. He’s a classic unco with the ball which isn’t to say I’m glad we got him when we did. We lost Ryder and that was enormous. But I reckon it’s stop gaps until we develop or buy another, unless Smack keeps being good Smack and not the stuff did did for half of Neil Young’s roadies. Bellcho, hard to see getting back to 2015, and won’t have Ryder to halve the task in any case. Maybe best case we become a team that doesn’t rely on orthodoxy in that area.

Not glad I meant. He was huge last year.

So what we’re saying is-

No Smack/TBell and Looney in same side?

Could Smack play so well that he plays 3rd forward/ruck relief whilst TBell/Looney are main ruck (TBell rests forward)

Seems it would rob us of another runner…

I’m a proud looney bell smacker.

3 Likes

I agree with this. Luey was very athletic for a 204cm guy when he was drafted, but all his injuries have impacted him. Someone said he moves like giraffe, but he didn’t back when he was younger and hadn’t had 20 million knee issues. He may still have some of the straight line speed he used to (although on actual game day he doesn’t move anywhere near as fluently as he used to) which is what the coaches are referring to but no way is he going to cause opponents any issues.

Having said that, McKernan is a gimp in the ruck and his follow up work is massively overstated and often just a hack kick to the opposition HBFer so unless he can back up this week (which credit where it is due, was very good) I’d replace him with Belly/Luey whenever possible.

2 Likes

Welcome back HAP, i honesty thought you may have died.

1 Like

I don’t even think you can have looney and tbell in the same side let alone all 3. Smack needs to learn to play well as a fwd. The other ruck spot is between looney and tbell.

Smack has no idea when playing forward. The only one of those three who can play that role is Belly, and playing three tall forwards raises legitimate questions.

2 Likes

Not quite, … it was just the last vestige of his free will that kicked the bucket ,… :smirk:

2 Likes

Whatever happened to BombDoe?

Hopefully working on the photoshop to end all photoshops

3 Likes

Smack Looneychambers

Sound a bit like a futuristic, space faring super hero.

Don’t know, … and I’d really like to.

Seemed to forego Blitz for a while in favour of Twitter, … but then that went stone quiet too about a year or more ago.

Hope he’s ok, & would appreciate if anyone could let me know.

With Belly fit and Looney not far off he is one bad performance from being dropped. Have to pull through with a big one and make yourself undroppable Smack.