Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Is that for Essendon or the league?

His first half was solid, but when Stef lifted in the third he either had no inclination, or no idea how to stop him. His ruck work at centre bounces was atrocious, and he gave up front position far too easily at ruck contests/throw ins around the ground.

What was most disappointing was that Smack had little to no impact at ground level, which is supposed to be his strength.

Lol.

Poor SMcK. Heā€™s neither fish nor foul the poor ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . I really hope they can find a way to bring him in that utilises his talent & drive, that doesnā€™t leave him exposed like he is in the ruck at times.

It would be cruel & unjust that someone with such obvious talent, and so much spirit and endeavour is lost to the game simply because of his strange/awkward construction.

4 Likes

I suspect that it is Smackā€™s head on the chopping block this week and that it will be hard for the selectors to miss.

1 Like

Committed people miss out on AFL all the time because they donā€™t have the right body.

Averaging 5 clearances a game. Ranks first for us equal with Jobe. Gotta weigh this up vs Frees against, lack of hitouts to advantageā€¦Iā€™d probably give Bellchambers a go this week.

Eg Ben Jolley - needed to weigh more than 77kg, or be a lot quicker,

Agree.

There is a difference between going into the ruck in the forward line and relieving the primary ruckman and having to go in there and steady the ship because your primary ruckman is getting monstered at the clearance.

Belly, even if he is getting beaten would be much harder to dominate at the contest than Smack, primarily because of his size and reach. If Belly only has to ruck 2/3 of the ground and stay out of the 50, with Joe and Hooker taking the taps in the forward line. He can set up for the quick kick out and conserve some kms in the legs.

Harsh? If it is too much to ask that he compete without infringing, then that is being harsh. SMackā€™s direct opponent dragged them back into the game and got them going. What was his response? Give away more free kicks. He did very well against the Dawks, and l gave him a vote for his efforts, but against the Lions he put in lack lustre effort. He needs to make way for another.

Belly has obviously gotten a zillion times better the past 20 months heā€™s been out of footy. Which is nice.

3 Likes

Heā€™s a shitload better than McKernan.

3 Likes

He was pretty decent at one point. Has stalled badly. Last time he played well was, what, 2013?

I will say this much though. Weā€™re a much better looking side when weā€™re small and fast, with Joe and Hooker and Ambrose doing the relief ruck and Langford as ā€œ3rd tallā€.

1 Like

Last weekend in the magoos actually.
Get him in and see what he brings.
Canā€™t be any less than McKernan.

Shaun ā– ā– ā– ā–  in your weeties or something?
Bellchambers is largely underwhelming as a big man for mine. Stuffed if I can remember him using his size.

2 Likes

Funny that one is primary list and the other is rookie list. Thereā€™s a reason for that.

But you are as entitled to your opinion as much as I am.

If youā€™re trying to say one of them is way over ratedā€¦ couldnā€™t agree more! But you know Iā€™m a smartarse like that.
Iā€™m totally not fussed by Bellcho these days. Not all his fault, but weā€™ve been waiting a long long time to see him fire up. At least McKernanā€™s pretty robust physically and has a dip.

3 Likes

Both of them are horribly inconsistent - Peter Somerville-style.
Leuenberger every time for mine.

2 Likes

I like your opinion better

Best of a bad lot IMO.

I feel like thereā€™s some kind of facetious joke hereā€¦

1 Like