Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Nah.

Nack.

Smack to kick a bag of 5 this week.

Revenge of the Nernans!

2 Likes

A few long bomb goals from out side 50 would be sweet.

Thx blitz … I was not aware of the word nern until I googled it just now

I’m thinking of changing my username to Alan_Nernan_10.
edit: oh dear I have the same sense of humour as angry henry except a few hours slower.

1 Like

What is not to love about McNernan. He really sticks his McNeck out for the team and tries his hardest every week.

32 Likes

Shaun ‘the thing’ McNernan

1 Like

https://media2.giphy.com/media/tdN4TpyM3dzYA/giphy.gif

6 Likes

McNecknan

3 Likes

Seriously splitting my sides!

Beaten …

MacNerneck …

(Ner means “stretch long” in old Gaelic* )

(*May have just made that up …)

NeckNernan

1 Like

Hoping they consider him for a spot in the seniors this week as a 3rd tall/HFF who can relieve the ruck.

Still think this is his best chance of making a career, certainly would be another type of player for the forward line.

With Green another week away and Howlett out, why not?

2 Likes

[quote=“SCarey, post:2275, topic:2099, full:true”]
Hoping they consider him for a spot in the seniors this week as a 3rd tall/HFF who can relieve the ruck.

Still think this is his best chance of making a career, certainly would be another type of player for the forward line.

With Green another week away and Howlett out, why not?
[/quote]The “why not” would be the fact he sucked at that role in 2016, sucked at it at Adelaide, and generally shows little ability to lead, present, or beat KP defenders who are usually much more mobile than rucks negating his usual advantage.

5 Likes

So I take it you disagree.

He might be beaten by a KP defender, but do Carlton have 3 of those?

I think the 2015 and 2017 version of Smack doesn’t suck, and in a week when there is a temporary vacancy, why not give it to someone who is already in the side.

You might be right, but sharing a forward line with JD, Hooker, Raz, Walla and other rotating mids is a whole different ball game to the forward line of 2016 when he was definitely below his best.

The main point is, he is an upgraded rookie on borrowed time who has shown he is a decent goal kicker. If we don’t find out if he can be anything more than mediocre ruck depth now, we may never get another chance. I like the idea of another player with physical presence in our forward line who requires some attention. I would favour Laverde for this slot when fit and in form, but as it is no one is banging down the door for this slot, so I say give it a try.

We might know in a couple of minutes.

On the extended bench, so maybe not, with Brown in the 3rd tall slot named on field.

EDIT: Oh, Hartley is out, so maybe Brown could go back, Hocking, Stewart and Dea in the mix so anything could happen.

Operation: Deepthroat.

1 Like

Doesn’t deserve to be dropped for one bad qtr when he’s had 7 good ones.

Also would be interesting to see him resting on the bench more and then coming in and pinch hitting may be able to go harder.

1 Like

Does when we lose hitouts 44-24

Done as well as he could but simply not giving us an advantage out of centre or stoppages. Or even neutralizing opposition rucks effectiveness.

Undersized depth ruckman did his job, now our main number 1 ruck is back likely he goes out unless we going 3 tall fwd option.

2 Likes

He plays best when he’s hungry.