Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

I think he makes an excellent 3rd ruckman on the list. Very pleased he is on our list, and very happy with his performances in the first two weeks (without which we’d have been screwed). He has certainly earnt his $'s this year.

But the #1 ruck is back and ready to go. There is no decision to make.

1 Like

Win some hitouts for starters.
He is a adequate 3rd backup ruckman.
Looney is the number 1 big boy and if he is fit TBC and Smack don’t get a look in IMO

This thread has uncovered two interesting facts.

1. Some posters have no idea about ruck work and who is good at it and who is not; and
  2. We now know why Alan_Nernan_10 is such a grumpy poster, as all that Nernan’ would wear anybody out.

Can’t play both Leuy and Nernan with the weather predicted for tomorrow. I’m not sure if he would have got a game if it was going to be a clear day anyway. It seems Woosha likes the one ruck set up, which, if true, will be interesting once TBC is ready.

karmabomber Instagram

4 Likes

Thought this should be brought up here. Someone close to the club might know.

We’ve got Ridley and Laverde on the LTI list. Scooter… I mean McNiece has been elevated. Still one spot for McNernan.

I know there is a spot. But what I’m saying is that I haven’t heard that it’s been used. I think technically McKernan can’t play seniors at the moment. And quite likely unless they plan to play him they may not use the LTI slot.

Fair enough. If they want him to play, they’ll do the extra paperwork. If they don’t want to use him, they won’t bother with it. I predict the later, more value long term playing Leuey or T-Bell into form than a 1 week tactical advantage from Smack. Sucks for the guy, but it’s where he’s at in the pecking order.

Pretty much. I was reading people suggesting doing that against Melbourne and thought that we couldn’t actually do that now. I thought someone closer to the club might know his current promotion status.

1 Like

Has been elevated as our mid-season upgrade (nobody left on the LTI).

3 Likes

Dons upgrade Rookie
Simon Conway June 22, 2017 3:50 PM

Essendon has promoted Shaun McKernan to the senior list as the mid-season nominated rookie.

It means McKernan is available for senior selection as early as this Friday’s clash against Sydney.

Clubs are allowed one mid-season rookie upgrade without having to place a senior listed player on the long term injury list.

McKernan has already played two senior games this year and has kicked 15 goals from his eight VFL games.

McNernan elevated…

25 Likes

He deserves another chance. I hope he goes really well.

6 Likes

He is effectively going head to head with Stewart. If he goes well we know Hooker will be back, but if Stewart doesn’t go as well, this might be his opportunity.

How many chances does he need?

It’s ok mate. He’s just filler.

1 Like

I recall in one of his first games at EFC he flew for a mark in the goalsquare which could have been paid, would have been an absolute ripper. Have thought of it more than once - what if he’d been paid it. he’s such a confidence player.
I like what he brings to the team, really hope he can make it. Won’t be for lack of trying if he doesn’t.

He was good in his 2 games, a bit unlucky to be dropped to be honest

I’ve got a feeling about this opportunity.

How many chances does he need?

Not an important question, the point is it is a chance and there won’t be many more, and in a tough close in match as part of a dynamic forward line, this could be his moment.

1 Like